R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 All aboard the TARIFA *** July 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 04:17 PM
tonic
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much for all the updates and that picture! I hope she arrives early in CA!

Old 07-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Tarifa Pics

Heading for the Pedro Miguel lock, under the Centennial Bridge.

Two tugs assist with navigation, one port side, one astern.

Tarifa is on the right side of the pic, waiting for the Pedro Miguel lock gates to open.

Entering the Miraflores lock, now the sun is effecting the camera.

Just about in the lock, becasue of the sun, pictures were no longer possible.

Once Tarifa leaves AISfree coverage won't be able to track her. Tarifa should show up on AISfree again on Sunday 08/04.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Tracking

Tarifa is out of the AISfree tracking area now, no more location updates for the next 8 days or so.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 AM
wondermini
4th Gear
many thanks

Originally Posted by Tharkun
Tarifa is out of the AISfree tracking area now, no more location updates for the next 8 days or so.
All these posts with pictures and information have been priceless. I can't thank you enough for helping me through this painful wait

Old 07-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wondermini
All these posts with pictures and information have been priceless. I can't thank you enough for helping me through this painful wait

You are very welcome.

Now if we just had a few more owners posting, either they are being really quite or a lot of the Mini's onboard Tarfia are homeless.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Six days till docking, but who is counting.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
tonic
2nd Gear
We all are!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM
wondermini
4th Gear
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhh.

My head might soon explode.

I did have a brief moment of relief here to break the monotony--the title for my Civic finally came in the mail so I can now sell it. Buyer all lined up. Then I can tidy my garage in preparation for Wonder Mini. It's all coming together...

Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wondermini
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhh.

My head might soon explode.

I did have a brief moment of relief here to break the monotony--the title for my Civic finally came in the mail so I can now sell it. Buyer all lined up. Then I can tidy my garage in preparation for Wonder Mini. It's all coming together...
Yup the waiting is not fun for sure. But the wait for the Mini is short compared to the other new toy. The Can-Am Spyder is scheduled for delivery the last of September or first week of October. I put a deposit down back in January and did a test ride in May. I have one of the first production units of 1,500 for the US/Canada, and getting really tired of the wait.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:07 PM
wondermini
4th Gear
Yup the waiting is not fun for sure. But the wait for the Mini is short compared to the other new toy. The Can-Am Spyder is scheduled for delivery the last of September or first week of October. I put a deposit down back in January and did a test ride in May. I have one of the first production units of 1,500 for the US/Canada, and getting really tired of the wait.
Wow. That's a wacky-looking (but very interesting) machine. Never heard of it before. Looks like fun.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
The Tristan arrived at Port Hueneme today, now four more days and Tarifa will be showing up on AISfree.....getting closer.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
tonic
2nd Gear
The Tristan arrived at Port Hueneme today, now four more days and Tarifa will be showing up on AISfree.....getting closer.
Getting closer

Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
tonic
2nd Gear
Just talked to my dealer and they said my mini should be ready on August 15th at the latest and hopefully much earlier. She said that the boat has 450 minis and they process (or take off.. which can't be the boat so maybe something else?) 90 a day and it depends on where our mini is.

I hope its sooner, but it sounds like they dont have any way of really knowing.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tonic
Just talked to my dealer and they said my mini should be ready on August 15th at the latest and hopefully much earlier. She said that the boat has 450 minis and they process (or take off.. which can't be the boat so maybe something else?) 90 a day and it depends on where our mini is.

I hope its sooner, but it sounds like they dont have any way of really knowing.
Where are you located ? I'm dealing with East Bay Mini in Pleasanton and estimating Aug 15-18 for delivery, if nothing hangs up any where.

Think your dealer has some numbers confused. If you check the WW pages for the Tarifa and enter booking number GBSOU540907 , you will see that they only loaded 269 Mini's, so several less than you were told. As for her 90 estimate, she must be refering to how many cars per day the VDC (Vehicle Distribution Center) processes

The link below has a tour of the VDC.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=21112

Last edited by Tharkun; 08-02-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 AM
tonic
2nd Gear
Where are you located ? I'm dealing with East Bay Mini in Pleasanton and estimating Aug 15-18 for delivery, if nothing hangs up any where.

Think your dealer has some numbers confused. If you check the WW pages for the Tarifa and enter booking number GBSOU540907 , you will see that they only loaded 269 Mini's, so several less than you were told. As for her 90 estimate, she must be refering to how many cars per day the VDC (Vehicle Distribution Center) processes

The link below has a tour of the VDC.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=21112
My dealer is also East Bay Mini. I'm positive she told me 450 minis, but maybe she got the number wrong. Or, could she have meant 450 BMWs?

Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
My dealer is also East Bay Mini. I'm positive she told me 450 minis, but maybe she got the number wrong. Or, could she have meant 450 BMWs?
According to the Port Hueneme current vessel schedule it is showing a total of 1,863 BMW's, which would include the 269 booked Mini's.
But there is a lot of conflicting info depending on whom you ask. My MA is Robert Matthews and he is still saying 10 days from the VDC to East Bay Mini, which would mean it would not arrive at the dealer till the 16th. You are being told the 15th at the latest, so hopefully your MA is correct on the delivery time, sooner would be nice.

I'll be going to the open house/wine tasting event at East Bay Mini tomorrow evening and will see if I can get any updated info from my MA.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:36 AM
tonic
2nd Gear
According to the Port Hueneme current vessel schedule it is showing a total of 1,863 BMW's, which would include the 269 booked Mini's.
But there is a lot of conflicting info depending on whom you ask. My MA is Robert Matthews and he is still saying 10 days from the VDC to East Bay Mini, which would mean it would not arrive at the dealer till the 16th. You are being told the 15th at the latest, so hopefully your MA is correct on the delivery time, sooner would be nice.

I'll be going to the open house/wine tasting event at East Bay Mini tomorrow evening and will see if I can get any updated info from my MA.
My MA is out of town, so I was talking to the manager. She is really nice. I don't think we are having much installed at the VDC (not sure what they install there) so maybe thats why she was more optimistic about it getting their sooner. My options are only: Premium Package, Auto-dimming mirror and universal garage door opener, Cold Weather package.

I bet they are always conservative with their estimates. Less unhappy people

Old 08-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
My MA is out of town, so I was talking to the manager. She is really nice. I don't think we are having much installed at the VDC (not sure what they install there) so maybe thats why she was more optimistic about it getting their sooner. My options are only: Premium Package, Auto-dimming mirror and universal garage door opener, Cold Weather package.

I bet they are always conservative with their estimates. Less unhappy people
I agree, when I placed the order I was told Aug production/Sept delivery, so it has been less of a wait than expected so far.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Open House

Was getting bored waiting for Tarifa to enter AISfree zone, so went over to East Bay Mini's open house for a few hours, good food, good people and lots of Mini's to look at.
Left side of shop.

Right Side

A total of 14 work areas for the new Mini shop. Strange seeing Mini's in this area, last time I was in this building was when I had purchased a new 2002 Saturn SC2 .
Saturn relocated and Mini was next door and moved to this larger facility.

If anyone in the bay area is looking for a convertible, they have a good selection right now.

Last pic, Cooper S Lighting blu/blk same as my Mini less the bonnet stripes. Soon mine will be in it's place.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:11 PM
tonic
2nd Gear
Great pictures!

Old 08-04-2007, 06:59 AM
bkjohnso
Neutral
Tarifa on the map...almost

I just checked aisfree ( http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...h%20West%20USA ) and the good ship Tarifa is back (almost) in sight.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
wondermini
4th Gear
Yes! Tarifa is passing San Diego!

http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...ego%20Overview

It can't possibly take until Monday to reach Port Hueneme. I'm guessing it parks outside the port for a day just as it did in Panama. I looked on the Port Hueneme schedule and they confirm it is due on Monday.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:12 AM
wondermini
4th Gear
Tarifa is definitely moving, too...up the coast she goes.

http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...ego%20Overview

Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Confussion

I was waiting before posting becasue Tarifa went from not showing on the map, to being close to port in just 20 minutes. AISfree has done some wierd updating latley as in showing ships postiion that are not correct.
I also tracked Tarifa on shinemicro.com and it is showing the same position for Tarifa. So one would assume Tarifa some how has made the trek in 36-48 hours lees than past WW ships.
The WW pages still show arrivial on 08/06 and those pages update rather quickly, so it is a wait and see if Yarifa anchors till port time slot or what.
Would be great if she docked and unloaded early., but not counting on it yet.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Tharkun
6th Gear
Tarifa Loacation

Location of Tarifa at 09:56

Quick Reply: R56 All aboard the TARIFA *** July 2007