R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 In the Market for a 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 06:44 PM
deathpulse
Neutral
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
In the Market for a 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am in the market for a 2009 JCW Mini Clubman - a local private dealer has a great silver model with 79K miles on it. Runs well with just a few dings etc (very normal for a model with this mileage). I'm thinking about getting a timing chain replacement kit (easy to find), an upgraded turbo kit (replacing just as a good preventative measure) and a clutch kit. Any suggestions on a great upgrade turbo kit and clutch kit? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-12-2017, 05:45 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Doing a timing chain isn't a bad idea. We keep them in stock.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/timing...-cooper-s.html
But for the turbo and clutch those are expensive parts that usually give warning before they fail so save your money and worry about them IF they actually fail. I'd love to sell those to you but you many not need them, and if you do it may be a long time.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 02-14-2017, 03:11 PM
deathpulse
Neutral
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HAHA! Thanks Way - I'm actually using the mileage as an excuse for the upgraded turbo I think. Maybe I can wait on the clutch but I'm thinking ECU, Turbo, downpipe+exhaust.... any suggestions?