R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2008 clubman S rear view mirror

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Steve S
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 clubman S rear view mirror

Had to get a new garage door opener and went through the procedures to reprogram the mirror buttons. Failed on all counts, the LED is not lighting up on the mirror, so I'm assuming that there is no power to the mirror. Any help would do. thanks

Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Shoof
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Is your car running or at least in Accessory mode? I don't think the buttons will work if there is no power running in the car.

Now once you see there's power to the mirror, you have to reprogram the mirror buttons:

With the car's engine running or in accessory mode, hold the 1st and 3rd button on your mirror until the LED on the mirror blinks fast (about 15 seconds). This resets your mirror to put it into reprogramming mode. With the remote a few inches away from the buttons, hold the garage door remote button down while pushing whichever button you want to program on the mirror, holding both down at the same time, you will see the LED on the mirror blinking slow and hopefully you're in front of the garage with the door closed, the garage should start the open cycle. Continue to hold both the mirror button and remote button down until the LED on the mirror goes from blinking slow to blinking fast. THEN, let go of both buttons, go to the garage door unit, open up the light cover that is facing the wall of your garage ahead of you (not the light cover that is facing the garage door), you will see a purple or orange (or even another color) button with an LED just above it. Push that button, you will see the LED on the unit turn on (or blink, I forget), then within 20 seconds, go back to your car, push the mirror button you were programming in and hold it in until you see the garage door unit light (the light on the unit that illuminates your garage) blink once, let go of the mirror button, then push it in again until the garage door should respond and close. You're done.

Good luck!

Last edited by Shoof; 02-09-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
When i did mine i found the engine had to be running to make it work. When the engine shuts down and the car is still in accessory mode the Mirror button WILL NOT open my garage door.

It may sound strange but there is a reason for that and it is "securtiy". If you car is out side and anyone comes up to the car and breaks a window they can not open your garage door.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Steve S
Neutral
Rear view mirror

My problem is the led's on the mirror are not blinking with motor on or ignition on. No response when pushed

Old 02-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Steve S
Neutral
Rear view mirror

My problem is the led's on the mirror are not blinking with motor on or ignition on. No response when pushed