R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Buying advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 06:56 AM
atlchica
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying advice

I'm thinking of buying my first MINI Clubman S, and would like to get some advice.
- What discounting can I/should I expect to get off MSRP on an ordered car? My dealer is telling me they don't discount.
- Should I get the roof rack added now, or wait and do it after-market?
- I've read of problems with the sunroof...is that true on newer models?
- Extended warranty...yes or no?

Thank you!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:07 AM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
My dealer doesn't discount although end of year they had national 1,500.00 of sticker. Extended warranty "yes" as repairs can get expensive (I have found). Good luck.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:04 AM
LostinTX
2nd Gear
1. In almost every case this is true. You may get a little leeway on a trade or window tenting, clear bra, installation of aftermarket products bought at the dealership, etc. But the price is the price in most cases.

2. Your choice, but the added stuff from the factory is warranted, aftermarket may not be.

3.Not a problem exclusive to Mini, most brands have had, do have leaking problems. IMHO, you can't run fast enough to give me one. Yes it would be a dealbreaker. If you want it refer to the first sentance. Good luck on how ever you choose. Lots of folks enjoy them.

4. Again up to you. Shop around for it though. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM
thejoberg
Neutral
I don't have a MINI dealer in town, so I contacted 3 different dealers via phone/email about ordering a MCCS and to see what kind of discounts they could offer. After a single round of offers and counter offers, I got $1650 off of MSRP. The best initial offer was $1650 off + rubber floor mats, the worst was $500 off plus the mats. I'm pretty sure I probably could've gotten a better deal if I had haggled more. I chose the one that I did because they are closer and their dealer fees were lower. I hope to take delivery in less than two weeks . If you're not dead set on specific options, the 0.9% financing that may expire on the 3rd is worth thousands over the life of the loan.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Otra
6th Gear
The factory roof rails are excellent. I thought they were standard now but I guess that's the Countryman.

Don't get an extended warranty now. You can wait and decide later. You may end up trading the car in before the time limit is up.

Never had a problem with my '04's sun roof. Many have them and love them without problems while others have problems. Just bought a certified 2010 MINI Cooper - it came with a sunroof so I'm quite looking forward to it again.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:27 AM
slimjimtell
5th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
As for discounted pricing on an ordered car, you probably won't get much off the MSRP. Although, most EVERY dealer will give you 20% off of all accessories you purchase. If they don't, use another deal if possible.

If you buy off the lot, you're more likely to get a little help from the dealer on price to move their inventory. Although, you will most likely have to sacrifice some options or color by choosing a car in inventory. Again, if you buy the car from them get your 20% off accessories. My dealer will give me 20% off for as long as I own the car, and I have used it reptitively!

As for the roof rack, get it up front, adding it later is a pain and expensive, due to airbags, it's not as easy as just bolting on.