R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Discouraged MINI owner - list is growing

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:42 PM
SexualChocolate
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discouraged MINI owner - list is growing

Some of you may have already read some of the issues I have been having with my New Clubman. I ordered my mini with the checkered roof and on delivery day, the dealer didn't seem to remember that I had ordered it. They completely forgot to add it to the price. So there is the first problem. Next, I am looking over my new car at the dealer and the clubdoor doesn't open. Problem two. That was fixed the same day. But now the clubdoor looks as if it is sticking out about a half inch and when I am driving, it sounds like there is a window open. That's problem three. Number four is the worst, the car came with a dent on the drivers side. The dealer said they would fix it at the beginning of next month. The emblem on the barn doors is crooked, that part is on order. So thanks to the holiday weekend, I am going to have to wait till Wednesday to LEAVE my car at the dealership. I am truely getting discouraged. This was suppose to be a cool experience. Bad luck I guess. Any suggestions?
Just out of curiosity, does your car shutter for a minute after you first start it?

Old 08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OHHH NOOOOOO

I'm really sorry you have had all those problems!! I know that club door issue has cropped up with a few folks.

I'm not sure I would have taken delivery of the vehicle, though. I mean a freakin' DENT?? UGH.

I'm not sure what you mean by "shutter". Do you mean shake a little? No. I haven't noticed mine do that.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
SexualChocolate
2nd Gear
Yep...it shakes for about a minute. I noticed because the radar detector was shaking alot. I didn't notice the dent until I got home. Went right back to the dealership.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:11 PM
07PepperS
3rd Gear
my 07 did for just a bit, i think it has to do with the direct injection and plus the engine is cold.. do you wake up in the morning.. and just purr along

Old 08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
07PepperS
3rd Gear
BTW - where is this List? by the post title one would think there is some list posted here...

Old 08-29-2008, 05:13 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
That can't be normal. I'm sure someone here could help figure out what that could be, though.

Hopefully they will have a good loaner to give you...maybe even an S? That would make it a little easier on your wait! I know I'd be asking for one!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:14 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 07PepperS
BTW - where is this List? by the post title one would think there is some list posted here...
His list is in the first post...didya read that?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
WOW! I would be miserable too! I probably would be so fed up and give the car back and DEMAND (yes, I can be demanding) a completely new car!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:36 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate

Some of you may have already read some of the issues I have been having with my New Clubman.

I ordered my MINI with the checkered roof and on delivery day, the dealer didn't seem to remember that I had ordered it. They completely forgot to add it to the price. So there is the first problem.

Next, I am looking over my new car at the dealer and the club door doesn't open. Problem two. That was fixed the same day.

But now the club door looks as if it is sticking out about a half inch and when I am driving, it sounds like there is a window open. That's problem three.

Number four is the worst. The car came with a dent on the drivers side. The dealer said they would fix it at the beginning of next month.

The emblem on the barn doors is crooked, that part is on order. So thanks to the holiday weekend, I am going to have to wait till Wednesday to LEAVE my car at the dealership.

I am truly getting discouraged. This was suppose to be a cool experience. Bad luck I guess. Any suggestions?

Just out of curiosity, does your car shutter for a minute after you first start it?
One of my cars came with flashing dashboard lights, looked like a frigging might club light show. And that was on an $80,000 car.

Another came with inoperable brake lights, found that out about 5 days into driving. [Not like I do a brake light check when picking up a car.]

A friend of mine ordered leather on her Mazda 6, at the time a top-of-the line with all options [$32,000]. It arrived with a vinyl interior instead. She called me from the dealer, in tears, and asked what she should do [dealer offered her a credit.] I said don't accept delivery [not what she wanted to hear.] She left the dealership without the car, the dealership had to order full leather and have it professionally installed. Two weeks later she got her car. During the time the car was waiting for leather they also installed the correct stereo system that they also got wrong.

Many cars get damaged in shipping, incorrectly configured or a host of other issues and problems. Some are more serious than others. So although you have had your share of sheet, don't get discouraged. It's not the MINI or BMW, it's just the way it goes sometimes. Hang in there. When the MINI is as it should be, your depression will heal.

Last edited by MichaelSF; 08-30-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
By the way, do you look anything like the lead singer in Sexual Chocolate? Maybe that's why you are having bad luck.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 PM
07PepperS
3rd Gear
OH LIST, as in 1, 2, 3, 4.. I was thinking..

Matt
Joe
Sally

Petition like list..

Call me crazy.. watching the forum too much I guess... step away from the computer....and go for some

Old 08-29-2008, 05:55 PM
07PepperS
3rd Gear
Michael. copy cat.. back to back posts... just like me.. stalker

Old 08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
mauberley
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MichaelSF
By the way, do you look anything like the lead singer in Sexual Chocolate? Maybe that's why you are having bad luck.
*stomps foot* SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

Sorry, couldn't resist. To the OP--work with your dealer in good faith to resolve your frustrations. And we'll be here for you when you need to vent.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Apple
6th Gear
Mine has a stutter also.......

Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
rasputinj
4th Gear
If you did not kick the car in anger you would not have the dent. Sorry to hear about your issues. Nice to know the quality control is top notch. We will make sure to go over our vehicle with a fine tooth comb, when we pick it up in Vegas...

Old 08-29-2008, 09:05 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
NOPE! He's a handsome firefighter...saw him next to his car in his gallery!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 PM
RaceFace
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mauberley
*stomps foot* SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

Sorry, couldn't resist. To the OP--work with your dealer in good faith to resolve your frustrations. And we'll be here for you when you need to vent.
I'm sorry, I HAD to take it that ONE more STEP!!!! LOL!!!!!

Now back to your issues, I'm with Wolfeee, I would want another car. I know the wait sucks, but in my opinion, if you aren't 100% happy with the car, you will get mad every time you wash the thing....or even get into it.

Just my .02¢

Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
RaceFace..freakin' hilarious!

Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry you've had a yucky experience right off the bat. All of these issues can be fixed - however - I agree about the DENT!!!! That sucks....Although IT can be fixed too, I would be very pissed too....Things like this do tend to happen at times - hopefully in a few weeks all will be better and you'll be a Happy Motorer...

Donna

Old 08-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
What ever you do, make them fix everything! Don't let them wiggle out of it because they will if you let them. Not sure what your circumstances were, but I would like to think that I wouldn't have accepted that car. Good luck, hold them to it!!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 PM
MichaelSF
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RaceFace
I'm sorry, I HAD to take it that ONE more STEP!!!! LOL!!!!!
Permit me to take a tad bigger step.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/sexualchocolate.wmv

Old 08-30-2008, 04:56 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Great clip - I was wondering about your screen name, SC.

I feel badly for you, as everyone else does. Buying a new car for most of us is a big deal, add in the fact that one orders it, waits, drinks the MINI -aid, and finally go to pick up our own special, you-i-fied MINI and find problems, these kinds of problems, very understandably, get under one's skin.

Be direct, remain polite and if you're not getting satisfaction in an extremely timely manner, speak to the Manager and then - if you're still frustrated or unhappy - go directly to MINI North America.

It's true "things happen" and if they can be remedied properly that's fine, but I can't believe that this dealership had you come pick up your car with a dent in it. Why the heck didn't they tell you about it right up front and fix it this month? Oy!

Last edited by Otra; 08-30-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: left out a phrase
Old 08-30-2008, 05:24 AM
tim781996
6th Gear
LOL... that's a great movie!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:32 AM
tedswoods
5th Gear
I'm taking delivery today. This afternoon. Late this afternoon (as per the salesman's instructions). Thanks to NAM, I have my checklist in hand and intend to look at each item before accepting the car.

My salesman told me they're doing 20 deliveries today (Buffalo NY, not Chicago). Holy crap--with so many MINIs being sold, the crystal ball become a little clearer as to why there might be some issues.

Buyer beware, with respect and patience...

Old 08-30-2008, 07:22 AM
mauberley
6th Gear
Permit me to take a tad bigger step.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/sexualchocolate.wmv
"G*d damn, that boy can sing! He good!"

Quick Reply: R55 Discouraged MINI owner - list is growing