R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Union Jack Side Scuttles

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 AM
driveblind
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Union Jack Side Scuttles

I've ordered my MCS Clubman with Union Jack inserts in the side scuttles (that bit on the side next to the blinkers) to replace the "S" logo. In my opinion, a MINI needs a Union Jack somewhere, and that's where my Irish wife was willing to compromise.

My question is if anyone else has done this on a BRG body. I think that the Union Jacks will certainly stand out, but I'm starting to wonder if they'll clash with the body color. Since it's a dealer-installed accessory, I guess I could just make sure that they save the S-logo scuttles and replace them later if I want. Still, it would be great to hear from anyone else who's tried this on a body color other than a blue, red, or white (where I most commonly have seen these Union Jack scuttles).

Old 03-14-2008, 08:30 AM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Originally Posted by driveblind
I've ordered my MCS Clubman with Union Jack inserts in the side scuttles (that bit on the side next to the blinkers) to replace the "S" logo. In my opinion, a MINI needs a Union Jack somewhere, and that's where my Irish wife was willing to compromise.

My question is if anyone else has done this on a BRG body. I think that the Union Jacks will certainly stand out, but I'm starting to wonder if they'll clash with the body color. Since it's a dealer-installed accessory, I guess I could just make sure that they save the S-logo scuttles and replace them later if I want. Still, it would be great to hear from anyone else who's tried this on a body color other than a blue, red, or white (where I most commonly have seen these Union Jack scuttles).
How about getting standard scuttles and get Aesthetic Creations to make a sticker? This is his standard UJ that I made grey with PaintShop. Mike made my checkered ones and they came out great.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 AM
driveblind
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
How about getting standard scuttles and get Aesthetic Creations to make a sticker? This is his standard UJ that I made grey with PaintShop. Mike made my checkered ones and they came out great.
That looks interesting. Is that just a Union Jack sticker that goes over the standard scuttle with no complicated installation? It looks like it certainly would be cheaper, if nothing else, but also looks pretty great. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:10 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 AM
driveblind
2nd Gear
There's a lot of good options at that store. Thanks for pointing me there.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Joep
6th Gear
I drove by my local dealership yesterday and I notced that one of the Clubmans had a grey and black Union Jack scuttle. It didn't have the "S", but it looked darn close to the image that ChubbyChecker posted.