R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats ClubmanS - it looks fantastic!!!

Donna

Old 02-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Clubmanbound
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am thinking about getting the clearbra installed. If you don't mind me asking what was the total cost of the materials and installation? Thanks!! I was given a quote of $550 and $650 if I add the lights and foglights by a 3M company.

[quote=ClubmanS;2066148] The car has a clearbra installed and 26% tints all around. They were done by a local installer friend of mine while the car sat at the showroom. He did a wonderful job!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:26 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was quoted $450 for the entire front end (Bumper cover, lights and bra on hood extended all the way up, past 4-5 inches beyond the scoop). He did the window tints for $150, computer cut and lifetime warranty. The funny thing is that he did all this work while the car was still sitting at the showroom, so his work and skills got lots of exposure. My MA told me that it took him 6 hours to get the clearbra installed. I believe it... It looks perfect. I 'll take some closeups so you can get a better idea. The installer was first recommended by Minis of Miami club members. Last year he did the tints for my '05 R53 (28% fronts and 15% rears) and could not be happier with the quality of the job + materials. He is a perfectionist and you have to be to be so in order to be successful in that business. For the window tints he never, ever cuts the film inside your car to avoid scratching the glass, or worse yet, the interior plastic trim. The film is computer cut inside his truck and then he installs it in the car and adjusts as necessary. It is amazing to see him work. He also does residential and commercial window tinting work. He is based in Broward county, FL. Originally, I wanted to have the ENTIRE hood covered in clearbra film. He quoted me $600 to do the entire front, leaving no painted surface exposed. However, as good as the idea sounded, its was a little steep and quite frankly overkill. So I decided to do a partial clearbra and bring up the film as high up as possible beyond the scoop and save $150 in the process. Very happy with the work and highly recommend him for anyone considering getting tints and/or clearbra in their MINIs.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Just got an email from my MA and was quoted $515 - he didn't stipulate if it was just the front past the headlights or if it included the bumper, too. I live in the NY/CT metro area.

Perhaps I should start a new thread?

Old 02-28-2008, 03:48 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Just got an email from my MA and was quoted $515 - he didn't stipulate if it was just the front past the headlights or if it included the bumper, too. I live in the NY/CT metro area.

Perhaps I should start a new thread?
Shop around.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Just received an email saying: "It covers the hood( bonnet... ), lights surface, front bumper, rear bumper, mirrors, door handles cup, and door lateral closing." I've responded but if this is accurate it sounds pretty good to me. I'll come back and post or edit this if I find out there's a misunderstanding.

It's accurate.

Last edited by Otra; 02-28-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: double checked
Old 02-29-2008, 05:24 AM
kathyinasheville
Neutral

I'm probably one of the few here as excited about the pic of the GH as the MCCs! I pick up my Hot Chocolate w/Blk trim MCC this afternoon. As soon as I get the plates transferred it will carry "GREYHND2" on the back. My other MC (2004, Chili Red w/Blk trim) carries "GREYHND1" on the back.

Have to ask - are you able to fit a dog crate in the back that is large enough to carry a GH? I've used a Giant-sized Dogloo carrirer but don't expect it to fit. I'm hoping I can go down a size or two in crate but still comfortably carry my GH. Since I'm down to 1 GH and don't need to carry 2 crates in the car any longer I'm getting rid of an Olds Silhouette for the MCC.

Here's a pic of my 5-year-old female, Jenny, in her favorite pose:

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-imgp1401.jpg  
Old 02-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Sweetheart of a dog. I would check out the specs on MINIUSA and see what the measurements are.

The waiting is almost over!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:35 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
[quote=kathyinasheville;2068319]__________________
"Saving One Greyhound May Not Change the World, but It Certainly Will Change the World for That One Greyhound."

I'm probably one of the few here as excited about the pic of the GH as the MCCs! I pick up my Hot Chocolate w/Blk trim MCC this afternoon. As soon as I get the plates transferred it will carry "GREYHND2" on the back. My other MC (2004, Chili Red w/Blk trim) carries "GREYHND1" on the back.

Hi,
Love Jenny!! My Mai Tai is also black and white. She'll be 4 in March. I call her my cowgirl.
I don't think the large crate will fit. I'm going to put the bed liner in this Sunday and then try the dogs in it. I really don't think a crate will work.
I had intended this as the dog car as my not quite 3 year old Doberman has severe arthritis in his knees and I wanted a lower car for him. He's 130 pounds and taller than the big Grey Captain Morgan.
I'm not sure he can jump in the back as he really can't jump now. I'm going to see if the suicide door will work for him, but I really think he may end up being transported in the Nissan Titan truck. He loves that truck and its back seat area is huge with the seats up. I've used it for the 3 big dogs up to this point.
The Clubman may end up just for the Greys and my Mini Pin.
Mama dog has gotten very protective of the Clubman now. That's why I spent $280 for the MINI liner that covers the entire back right up to the front seats and windows. Kind of like a truck bed liner but in black and black and white checks.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:00 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Cloud, your car is drop dead gorgeous. I am very partial to Chili Red as I have owned 2 R53 S in that color with white roof. Enjoy!

Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Just received an email saying: "It covers the hood( bonnet... ), lights surface, front bumper, rear bumper, mirrors, door handles cup, and door lateral closing." I've responded but if this is accurate it sounds pretty good to me. I'll come back and post or edit this if I find out there's a misunderstanding.

It's accurate.
Sounds like a well decked out kit.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Otra
6th Gear
Glad to hear you think so. I was surprised that they'd include that much for that price. Though I hate to spend even more money, I've had too many stone chips and scratches over the years of MINI ownership.

By the way - congrats on your new Clubman S!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:07 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
Cloud, your car is drop dead gorgeous. I am very partial to Chili Red as I have owned 2 R53 S in that color with white roof. Enjoy!
It is so beautiful it even surprised me. I wasn't going to get another red car, but it just called to me until I went ahead with it.
My only regret is that I wish I had bought a MINI years ago as it would give me longer on earth to enjoy them. One thing that really impresses me is the way the handling just fits like a glove. No having to get used to how it maneuvers or feels. My BMW is similar, but the MINI just seems like it is totally MY car. Now I want the convertible too.
I love this site, the nicest people on earth reside on NAM

Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Wow, truly a beauty - just realized you'd posted in your gallery! Congrats!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
William Blake
4th Gear
Just looked at the pics in the gallery.. GREAT looking thing!

Any plans on modifications? Lowering kit?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Wow the Pepper White looks nice, very striking

Looking forward to seeing a yellow one

Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
I know everyone does Mods on the MINIs,but I'm really happy with it as stock. The roads in Prescott aren't the best and I don't want to scrape bottom. Plus I'm just a girl who likes a nice ride and Otto seems fine to me as he is. I'll be happy just to have the mud guards and front light protection put on.

I have pretty much decided though to sell my BMW 330Ci convertible and get on the list for a 2009 MINI Cabrio. The 330Ci only has 5,700 miles, but I love the Clubman so much I think a companion for it would be great. My family is about ready to commit me, so I'm keeping this under wraps for a bit.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
jagada
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kathyinasheville
I'm probably one of the few here as excited about the pic of the GH...
Me too. Our Clubman was purchased because of our Greyhound "herd". I purchased my 2005 MC three years ago and my wife immediately wanted a MINI, but she was afraid it wouldn't have enough "dog space". So she waited for the Clubman.
We are now a two MINI and four Greyhound family.

Here's our crew - Franklin, Sparkle Jean, Lucky, Paddie:

Old 03-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beautiful dogs!!!

Donna

Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jagada
Me too. Our Clubman was purchased because of our Greyhound "herd". I purchased my 2005 MC three years ago and my wife immediately wanted a MINI, but she was afraid it wouldn't have enough "dog space". So she waited for the Clubman.
We are now a two MINI and four Greyhound family.

Sweet dogs and matching color pairs too!

Old 03-01-2008, 01:22 PM
kathyinasheville
Neutral
Originally Posted by jagada

Beautiful herd you have there! Paddie looks a lot like a female I had (Mariah) - black with white blaze on her chest and white toes - she almost made it to 15. I'm down to just 1 GH now, hence the switch from a full-sized minivan to the Clubman.

--Kathy, proud mom to Hermione the Hot Chocolate Clubman

Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 PM
kathyinasheville
Neutral
Originally Posted by cloud10
I don't think the large crate will fit. I'm going to put the bed liner in this Sunday and then try the dogs in it. I really don't think a crate will work.
It works! You'd probably need to use one of these plastic kennels to do it, though, because you have to put the bottom section in first, then angle the top half in to slip it over the bottom and secure it in place. This is a large crate (36 1/2" long x 25 1/2" wide x 26 3/4" tall). You also have to set it back about a foot in the cargo area so the top sits under the higher portion of the roof. I'll also need to secure it in place with some tie-downs when I'm actually travelling with my GH, but I'm thrilled it will fit!

--Kathy, proud mom to Hermione the Hot Chocolate Clubman

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-imgp1403.jpg   Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-imgp1406.jpg  
Old 03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
H3toMCC
1st Gear
Picked up Mic today.

I never named the Hummer. I went to a couple of Hummer events and had nothing in common with anyone. I'm hoping Mini Events will be more fun.

Stopped at the store on the way home and Flitzer2 from psmini left a motoring club card on the windscreen. So it seems like a better bunch already.

Attached Thumbnails Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here-h3tomcc.jpg  
Old 03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by ClubmanS
Hello gang.... Finally took delivery last night! Presenting "Mousse":

More pics and a full review to follow in the coming days....
Looks good, amigo.

"Mousse?"

I vote for an official renaming.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:32 AM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Thank you senor.

I think I know what other names you have in mind

Submit your suggestions. Remember once a nut always a nut!

Originally Posted by Skiploder
Looks good, amigo.

"Mousse?"

I vote for an official renaming.

Quick Reply: R55 Show us your pictures of your R55 (Clubman) here