R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 New to NAM. Considering Hot Orange MCS JCW

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:42 AM
endlessearth
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThomB
Damn, Haven't even owned it a month and already BIG plans...
There is no use in fighting it, so I choose to embrace the concept of the slippery slope straight out of the box.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:09 AM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Hmm....I saw an orange MCSC in Bedford, NH the other day. Could it have been you? Not many around here...

btw...congrats

Old 02-05-2007, 07:41 AM
endlessearth
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DustinDallas
Hmm....I saw an orange MCSC in Bedford, NH the other day. Could it have been you? Not many around here...

btw...congrats

Possibly - if you saw the MINI on the highway. I drove it from Portsmouth to Nashua and back the other day.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:45 AM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
Originally Posted by endlessearth
Possibly - if you saw the MINI on the highway. I drove it from Portsmouth to Nashua and back the other day.
Nah, it wasn't you then. I saw this one near Lowes (just off the highway).

Old 02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
endlessearth
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DustinDallas
Nah, it wasn't you then. I saw this one near Lowes (just off the highway).

My evil twin picking up a load of 2"x4"s maybe.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear
Received 260 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by endlessearth
You have a JCW car as well? I am going to look into the throttle body.

I am also considering getting a new head and cam. As well I am going to do the suspension over after I receive my new wheels and tires from Edge (Black Flik 5 spoke 17" wheels with Falkens - never seen black on a Hot Orange car. I think it will look great.)
Yes I have an '05 MCSCW,
You can get other Throttle bodies in even larger sizes and for a little less, but if your still in warranty My opinion is that the Dinan is the way to go. Be for-warned Mini treats Dinan as any other aftermarket add-on, but that being said what I did is ask my dealer, They told me that because they did the work and Dinan was the Manufacturer there would be no problem with the warranty, they would take care of everything through Mini except the Throttle Body, that would be done through Dinan, by them. If you ask around people will definatly tell you that if Mini finds out they will take issue with it, and that well may be the case but, due to the nature of the part and it's function the odds of anything going wrong and Mini actually finding out, I think are pretty slim. It' really all boils down to if you trust your dealer or not, because he will be the one that you will have to deal with. Oh B.T.W. have put about 6,000 miles on the car since the change and could never see driving it without it again.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:26 PM
endlessearth
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BlwnAway
Yes I have an '05 MCSCW,
You can get other Throttle bodies in even larger sizes and for a little less, but if your still in warranty My opinion is that the Dinan is the way to go. Be for-warned Mini treats Dinan as any other aftermarket add-on, but that being said what I did is ask my dealer, They told me that because they did the work and Dinan was the Manufacturer there would be no problem with the warranty, they would take care of everything through Mini except the Throttle Body, that would be done through Dinan, by them. If you ask around people will definatly tell you that if Mini finds out they will take issue with it, and that well may be the case but, due to the nature of the part and it's function the odds of anything going wrong and Mini actually finding out, I think are pretty slim. It' really all boils down to if you trust your dealer or not, because he will be the one that you will have to deal with. Oh B.T.W. have put about 6,000 miles on the car since the change and could never see driving it without it again.

Thanks for the information and your response. That is definitely worth looking into.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
miniwhowho
Neutral
Does any body know how to best clean the orange and blue seats. The problem is when it rains and you open your door, the fabric part gets water stained. I tried to us oxiclean, and it just spread and got worse........

Old 02-08-2007, 03:52 PM
alpinamike
5th Gear
To clean theseats and get the stain out.

Get a Wet/Dry shop vac, use a simple soap water cloth rub, and then vacum it.

Thanks for joining the HO Group!