R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 And my convertible is back!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 04:40 PM
HowardPM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And my convertible is back!

Let me first just say to all those people who said Mini/BMW would toss my letter in the garbage you all stink! And for all those people who said its great, you people rock. Anyways got my car back tonight. They replaced all the seals surrounding my Mini and ran it through numerous preasure washes as well as shot it with hoses and preasure nozzels and were not able to get a drop of water inside. They replaced the NAV system completely, though some how I lost the USA voice and now got great britan, french and german. And the mini logo doesn't show up when I open the door anymore. Kinda funny to listen to the german voice yelling at me, not sure what its saying. Going to have to ask about that. They replaced the rear break lights that got damage because of water. Also checked the rear seats for water damage and they are A-Ok. Anyways in closing Mini of Towson has a fan for life!

Howard

Howard

Old 12-21-2004, 05:02 PM
MNEEME
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well thats great to hear! Good thing they got it fixed up!

Well good luck later on!

Old 12-21-2004, 05:22 PM
C4
Banned
Thanks for letting me know I stink dear Howard.

What goes around, comes around.....

Old 12-21-2004, 05:25 PM
C4
Banned
So let me get this straight, did some BMW excutives showed up at your house to give you an apology?

I see no evidence of your letter making things right for you, rather you found a caring dealership that took care of your problems.

So your letter may still be on the paper trash can, but at least you got your car fixed.

Warm Regards,

Your stinkiest NAM member.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:33 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear your car came back pretty much the way you wanted.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:53 PM
HowardPM
4th Gear
Cooper you are

the most negative person I've seen on this board. What is your problem? And for your information it was BMW of North American who called this dealership to solve my issue. And yes they also did call me and apologize on the phone.

Howard

Old 12-21-2004, 06:24 PM
tattman23
6th Gear
I think I'm hearing things: the loud THUNK was the sound of Cooper4Us emphatically dropping the subject, and...

(that up there, is the sound of cooler heads prevailing!)...

In my experience it's not the greatest karma when you pooh-pooh "positive" advice which was given in one's best interest in the first place.
A basic (yet huge) benefit of this forum is the broad spectrum of experience that can be easily (too easily?) drawn from, by anyone who cares to check it out. Like "Laslow Toth" (Don Novello of SNL fame) said in the Introduction to his hilarious book "The Laslow Letters": One thing's for sure... You send letters OUT, you get letters BACK!

Oh, and, Cooper4Us "negative"? You're gonna have to show me the money on that one - I aint buyin' it.

Not to mention 1st gear callin' 6th gear stinky... I laughed, I cried... I took my kids to see "A Christmas Carol" at the Goodman Theater in Chicago... (freakin $55 bucks for MEZZANINE tix )

Guess I shoulda taken them to "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", instead!

God bless us... every one... And a water-proof MINI is a HAPPY MINI.

There are miracles all around us,
Tatt

Old 12-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Kendel72
4th Gear
Originally Posted by HowardPM
the most negative person I've seen on this board. What is your problem? And for your information it was BMW of North American who called this dealership to solve my issue. And yes they also did call me and apologize on the phone.

Howard
I agree with ya Howie, Cooper I think Howard is just saying he is happy no matter how many people said BMW would not take care of it because I for one would have did the same thing by emailing and sending thema letter but it would have had some very choice words in it so dont rain on his parade!

Old 12-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Howard, I'm very happy to hear that your car is back the way you wanted it. And I'm sure that the NAV system can be put back to the way you want - no problemo!!!

Chow!

Donna

Old 12-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Sticky Wicket
4th Gear
Makin' me anxious about my MCSC. I want a car, not a pool.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:59 AM
indimini
4th Gear
Howard, congratulations on getting your roof fixed. I for one was impressed with your resolve to get things resolved and not just "throw in the towel" (sorry, that doesn't sound right ).

Sticky Wicket, don't worry too much. While Howard had more than his fair share of issues, I can tell you that my convertible has been absolutely 100% trouble-free (knock wood). There are plenty of others who have also had no issues with their drop-top.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:26 AM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Howard:

I'm glad your MINI's back and all fixed.

Having said that, everyone who responded to your request for input had your best interest in mind. It's just plain not nice to ask for advice and then lob stink bombs at people who respond with advice you don't care for.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:36 PM
minibrute
4th Gear
Justice done

We have a tough crowd here, at least your car is fixed. Thats good news and the only possible outcome.

Old 12-24-2004, 06:52 AM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Howard,

I'm so glad to hear your MINI is waterproofed & fixed. I suggest you run out & take a crash course in German to understand the NAV Happy Motoring & Happy Holidays:smile:

Lois

Old 12-24-2004, 07:37 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
I've not followed this at all .....BUT am glad your MINIs all fixed up and that MINIUSA did well by you. Fantastic!!! (...some of us on NAM have had legitimate frustrations in the past.) Also, I don't know too many Nav owners who wouldn't rather have a British voice giving them directions...I'd love that!!!

Old 12-24-2004, 03:57 PM
MacGuruTX
3rd Gear
I think the point was that Cooper4Us felt the need to continuously post negative comments that HowardPM's effort was worthless, wouldn't work, would never work, and then again it didn't even work after it did work.

Its great to get advice and to toss in a humble opinion negative or positive, but to basically be calling someone stupid for going to BMW was a little bit much. If you look up Cooper4Us multiple posts on HowardPm's repair threads you will see what I mean. Quantity does not equal quality

I haven't seen a large organization yet that will not respond to a well written and placed customer service complaint. As long as your complaint isn't frivolous and the complainer isn't being abusive.

Stickey Wicket -- My Convertible is dry as can be as well... I wouldn't worry about it.

Originally Posted by tattman23
I think I'm hearing things: the loud THUNK was the sound of Cooper4Us emphatically dropping the subject, and...

(that up there, is the sound of cooler heads prevailing!)...

In my experience it's not the greatest karma when you pooh-pooh "positive" advice which was given in one's best interest in the first place.
A basic (yet huge) benefit of this forum is the broad spectrum of experience that can be easily (too easily?) drawn from, by anyone who cares to check it out. Like "Laslow Toth" (Don Novello of SNL fame) said in the Introduction to his hilarious book "The Laslow Letters": One thing's for sure... You send letters OUT, you get letters BACK!

Oh, and, Cooper4Us "negative"? You're gonna have to show me the money on that one - I aint buyin' it.

Not to mention 1st gear callin' 6th gear stinky... I laughed, I cried... I took my kids to see "A Christmas Carol" at the Goodman Theater in Chicago... (freakin $55 bucks for MEZZANINE tix )

Guess I shoulda taken them to "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", instead!

God bless us... every one... And a water-proof MINI is a HAPPY MINI.

There are miracles all around us,
Tatt

Old 12-25-2004, 08:50 AM
TonyS
1st Gear
Howard, glad you got it all fixed up...as far as the 1st gear vs. 6th gear issue? That's crap...because you're 6th gear, doesn't exclude you from any sort of retort when you say something negative....I've seen 1st gear people say smarter things than 6th gear people in some posts......the post count doesn't make the person, that's just assinine......I've been around forums long enough to know, that everyone's opinion, no matter how new or old, is just as important on issues. Howard, again, congrats on getting everything right with your MINI, it's good that BMW NA cares about its consumers. Everyone else can think what they want....it's obvious that your persistence and work paid off in your favor, and that's what is important. Good luck and hope it all sticks together from now on.

Tony.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:30 AM
C4
Banned
Howard came here asking for advice and that is exactly what he's got. He was certainly free to either accept or reject such advice.

I don't understand the attacks that are coming my way because of the advice I posted. I personally could care less of the outcome of whether he chose to pursue the matter one way or the other. None of the posts I made were offensive or insulting. I was simply stating the more effective ways when dealing with specific situations such as his because at some point I also encountered a defective vehicle from a different manufacturer.

I think it is plain rude to come to a message board asking for advice and then turn back and hammer on the head all those who provided an opinion different than his. If Howard was looking for symphaty, he apparently got a fair share of it and if he knew that writting a long letter was the ticket to solve his problem, so then why the heck he came here asking for advice in the first place?

At any rate it is good to hear he found a caring dealership but I am afraid that the long letter to Tom Purves had little to do with it, but that's my opinion.

I want to apologize to Howard and all those that felt insulted my contrary opinions on the matter. It is too bad that NAM has become a place where if you opinions differ from that of others you are labeled names.

I have been part of NAM for over 2 years. I think it is time to move on elsewhere like MINI2.com which is a place with a more global perspective.

Hasta la vista MINI amigos!

Old 01-02-2005, 09:56 PM
tattman23
6th Gear
Positively Annoyed

Me seeking Cooper4Us just to make SURE all's well in the sunshine state -

Missing you and your valuable experience,
Tatt

Old 01-02-2005, 10:22 PM
meanboy
6th Gear