R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 New member - anyone have pics of a DS MCSC with green top?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 07:06 AM
V70R
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member - anyone have pics of a DS MCSC with green top?

Hey all,

Just registered with the forum. I've been lurking for a few months and wanted to introduce myself. Any day now, Ill be ordering a MCSC. I finally sold my 89 saab 900 turbo convertible, and now I can get the Mini.

Im up in the air about the color. I think I really want a DS with green top, but I'm still not 100% convinced. I have only seen that combination by playing with the color options on mini.ca (miniusa's color representations are terrible), but I wondered if anyone (by chance) might have that color.

Thanks, and I can't wait to motor.

-Stephen

Old 11-18-2004, 07:12 AM
indimini
4th Gear
How did you get a green top at mini.ca? When I was playing with it, they actually blocked the green and blue tops for DS. Seems the folks in Canada must have some sort of "Taste Patrol" as they really limit the combinations you are allowed to pick.

Old 11-18-2004, 07:24 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by V70R
I wondered if anyone (by chance) might have that color.
I've only seen black tops around here and a few pics of a Cool Blue with a blue top. I did see a pic of a BRG with a green top in a mag.....looked pretty cool.

I saw a Miata go by the other day that was (more or less) DS with a blue top. It caught my attention...it was nice but not sure if I would have tired of it. It was subtle as the contrast between the blue roof and the DS wasn't that great........kinda classy, imo.

I think DS/green would look good..........you'll be a pioneer.......while the silvers can officially pair with blue and green roofs, not many folks have tried it.

Best of luck finding a pic...that would definitely help.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:49 AM
V70R
3rd Gear
mini.ca

I went to the model overview section of www.mini.ca, then clicked on the "explore" selection, then clicked on "colors". This is the same color selector that the UK has available. I did it a few hours ago, and it had a circle above the top that provides three color choices - black, blue, and green. The paint colors look much more realistic than on www.miniusa.com

I think the DS with green top would be cool - it would also be different, and thats the beauty of the mini and its options. I still haven't decided. I'm also considering DS with blue top, PS with blue top, and black with black. Too many choices.

I lived in Warsaw, Poland in 1981 - when I walked into any store, there was usually only one choice (If I was lucky) for anything. It was almost easier.

-Stephen