R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 The Official Checkmate Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 PM
szuccaro
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checkmate Owners Club - Logo

Hi... I've noticed that someone has created a round logo "Checkmate Owner's Club".... does anyone have the original or a very clean version of it than can be emailed to me? If so, I would appreciate it. Thanks.... Steve steve_zuccaro@comcast.net

Old 09-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Hip Check
2nd Gear
I love my Checkmate, have one several car show awards with it, and modded the heck out of it. My only problem with the car is the silver material on the seats. Every time they get wet they stain, and living in Seattle it's tough to not get them wet. Has anyone else experienced this and found a good solution to address it.

Thanks

Mitch

Old 09-26-2011, 07:11 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My seats are the same. I'm strongly considering replacing the grey puller-prone space cloth with some grey alacantara-type material... until then, I'm thinking of a wet-dry vac or some upholstery cleaner, just don't soak the cushions and ruin the bun-warmers!

Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Hip Check
2nd Gear
I'm getting bids to have the silver fabric replaced with silver leather.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Stangace20
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok wait, so you're talking abou the cloth staining right? Cause mine has leather and while the driver's side one is a bit beat up on the left side (as you'd expect) I'm not sure how to read the past few posts and if it has anything to do w/ me,lol

Old 01-03-2012, 05:25 PM
mr2dsm
Neutral
Hey all!! Looking to join the club!! Just picked up my Checkmate last month! Grabbed it in VA with 24k miles in great condition...

Attached Thumbnails The Official Checkmate Owners Club-2.jpg   The Official Checkmate Owners Club-1.jpg   The Official Checkmate Owners Club-11.jpg  
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 PM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
06 MCS JCW Checkmate owner

Can't post pics at work right now, but im wondering if people are still on here its nice to see a checkmate area on this forum.

I see the last post was over 6 months ago... so sad.

bring it back

Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 AM
mr2dsm
Neutral
Originally Posted by ccccPUNISHER
Can't post pics at work right now, but im wondering if people are still on here its nice to see a checkmate area on this forum.

I see the last post was over 6 months ago... so sad.

bring it back
Yea it seems the excitement here has faded away....

Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Cole9953
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Stangace20

any one know a good way to clean these seats? mine look terrible! any time they get wet and dry i get a new stain.

anything i have tried just seems to make it worse.

I am talking about the light colored fabric part, not the blue fake leather bit....

EDIT: just noticed this was the last topic discussed in here. any solutions?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:38 PM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Cole9953
any one know a good way to clean these seats? mine look terrible! any time they get wet and dry i get a new stain.

anything i have tried just seems to make it worse.

I am talking about the light colored fabric part, not the blue fake leather bit....

EDIT: just noticed this was the last topic discussed in here. any solutions?
I have been wondering the same thing I have even considered getting some Recaro or Sparco race seats just to pull them out because it drives me crazy.
I keep a neck pillow on my passenger seat so I dont have to look at it lol

If you find out let me know...

Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
bobtop36
1st Gear
R.I.P. NewNHot. My 2005 MCS died a horrible death on the side of the road. Killed by a large wild boar on a country road in Texas South of San Antonio. :(

Good news is found a very well cared for 2006 MCS Checkmate with 67k miles that will be mine on Friday

Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by bobtop36
R.I.P. NewNHot. My 2005 MCS died a horrible death on the side of the road. Killed by a large wild boar on a country road in Texas South of San Antonio. :(

Good news is found a very well cared for 2006 MCS Checkmate with 67k miles that will be mine on Friday
Very sorry to hear about your loss, but equally happy about your new MINI! Checkmate was one of my favorite special editions/packages.

Now you know of course....WE WANT PICS!

Old 08-11-2013, 06:19 AM
pedalquickly
2nd Gear
It looks as though this forum may be fading away. I hope not as I just found it and am a checkmate owner. I found it by looking for seat cleaning options as I noticed a lot of people had the same problems that I have. That is not being able to get the seats clean. It's the silver fabric that is the problem. The only thing that someone suggested was 303 Upholstery cleaner. I guess I'll see about getting some of that.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 AM
ASKtheteach
5th Gear
Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
I am a former Checkmate owner. My first MINI was a 2006 R50 Checkmate. I am on my third MINI now (a Cosmic Blue 2012 Countryman), and I love the Cosmic Blue. It's the closest I've seen to Space Blue. Now if only MINI made the silver roof on the Countryman...

Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 AM
CooperSharp
2nd Gear
Good afternoon all,

I picked up my Checkmate back in december. I fell in love with this fun little car. I too had the issues with cleaning the seats however there is a very cheap and easy option. Alcohol based glass cleaner. Windex. Spray the cloth area down entirely, and make sure every inch is wet. Not SOAKING wet but not too dry. After you spray it down just let it sit in the sun to dry, and it will dry evenly. Works every time for me.

in other news... here are the latest visual upgrades on the car:
Name:  null_zps0e06dfe7.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  765.8 KB

however... I have some sad news for some of you.... I am abandoning space blue. Charles will be 3M satin pearl white (vinyl wrapped) in the next few weeks, with the black accents. Roof will be matte black vinyl too. HOWEVER! the A-Panel will have black squares to alternate with the satin white, and a "ghosted" Checkmate decal above the A-Panel. I am looking forward to this very much.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:58 AM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Thanks for the Windex advice ill give it a try and see what happens...be back with an update :-)
Make sure to post picks of the finished product I definitely want to see that.

Originally Posted by CooperSharp
Good afternoon all,

I picked up my Checkmate back in december. I fell in love with this fun little car. I too had the issues with cleaning the seats however there is a very cheap and easy option. Alcohol based glass cleaner. Windex. Spray the cloth area down entirely, and make sure every inch is wet. Not SOAKING wet but not too dry. After you spray it down just let it sit in the sun to dry, and it will dry evenly. Works every time for me.

however... I have some sad news for some of you.... I am abandoning space blue. Charles will be 3M satin pearl white (vinyl wrapped) in the next few weeks, with the black accents. Roof will be matte black vinyl too. HOWEVER! the A-Panel will have black squares to alternate with the satin white, and a "ghosted" Checkmate decal above the A-Panel. I am looking forward to this very much.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
DarrenK
1st Gear
I'd like to design a hood stripe similar to that of the Checkmate for my R56 and was wondering is someone with an S could possibly take a few measurements of their stripe for me? I've attached a picture of my requirements and would prefer exact measurements in inches, to the nearest 16th.

Attached Thumbnails The Official Checkmate Owners Club-checkmate-stripe-measurements.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Hip Check
2nd Gear
Has anyone found a solution to the seat stains that appear every time the seats get wet? That silver material is tough to keep looking nice.

EDIT: Ooops, looks like all the recent posts have been addressing this. I'll try the windex option. I also have 303 so that will be plan B. Here is a recent photo of my Checkmate.

Last edited by Hip Check; 10-09-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, it's been a month, any "lessons learned" from the windex trick? Tempted...

Old 12-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Hip Check
2nd Gear
All it did was put stains on the seats same as if I had gotten water on them.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:58 AM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Hip Check
All it did was put stains on the seats same as if I had gotten water on them.
correct I tried it and epic failure...lol

im tempted to pay a professional at this point to use their magic because I think magic is the only thing that will work besides getting some sparco or recaro race seats...;-)

Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 AM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CooperSharp
Good afternoon all,

ive been considering doing the entire wrap myself how much does it typically run to do an entire car? Just curious it just recently crossed my mind.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:49 AM
jgk6502
3rd Gear
A pro will probably use a steamer or extractor. Go research in the forums at autogeek.net. Steamers are expensive, so look into renting one. If you buy any cleaning products from AG, wait for a sale and use discount codes. They are always having different sales.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:00 AM
ccccPUNISHER
3rd Gear
thanks for the advice I will give that a try.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Hip Check
2nd Gear
I have a steamer and that is the only thing that has worked. I am sure to clean the seats with the apolstry attachment every time I have the cleaner out to do the carpets.

Quick Reply: R50/53 The Official Checkmate Owners Club