R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 New MCS Purchase - Dealer/Broker Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:08 AM
rbgoforit
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New MCS Purchase - Dealer/Broker Questions

Hi all again,

I already posted this in the 1st Gear Forum but thought it might draw more attention here. Below are my comments.

Background: I am looking to build/order my MCS from the factory fully loaded (cold weather, premium, sport and convenience packages and the JCW CAI), as well as adding several other options/accessories (yes, I would love to do this myself but I am up to my eyeballs in my business), so I would like a MA who won't gouge me, and will package and deliver what I want.

There are two mini dealerships in the general area where I live (Brighton, MA):
1) Herb Chambers
2) Mini of Peabody

As far as convenience, Herb Chambers is the slam dunk (less than 5 minutes away); however, I have heard great things about Mini of Peabody.

Questions:
1) Has anyone else out there had any experience with either one?
2) Any suggestions on a good MA at these dealerships?
3) Would either of these two dealers be willing to negotiate the installation cost of options/accessories?
3) Are there any recommendations on someone other than these dealers that may be able to offer more affordable accessory installations? If so, would the Mini warranty be in jeopardy?
4) While I will be lining up financing sources, do either of these two dealerships offer competitive financing terms?
5) Alternatively, I thought about going the broker route. I have heard those that are good at what they do and familiar with the Mini can offer great advice, competitive financing terms and/or go all the way to delivery. Given the dealerships that are near me is it even worth considering?

Thanks for the input.

Robert