R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Anyone know of this happening?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 11:10 AM
buddha
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A co-worker of mine ordered a MC automatic. When it arrived, it was a manual. All the dealer said they could do was re-order one which adds two months to her wait. Plus, she had gotten rid of her old car the day she was picking up the MC, so she has no car to drive for those two months. Dealer offered to do nothing except to give her a free upgrade on a rental car (at $155/week) (which she didn't take).

Anybody else heard of this kind of treatment? I think it is awful. She also let MiniUSA know, but the woman didn't offer to do anything.

Dealer was John Roberts in Dallas.

Old 02-18-2003, 11:20 AM
jsun
6th Gear
Nope, haven't heard of that happening before. But before spending any more time discussing this, I'd say that it'd be important to know quite a bit more about your "co-worker" and the circumstances of her order. Most folks here on MCO religiously track their orders online...and thus the chance of a car truly showing up with the wrong transmission type ordered is slim to none.

Why don't you ask your co-worker come come on line and tell us a bit more?

Old 02-18-2003, 11:35 AM
rataha
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
>>Nope, haven't heard of that happening before. But before spending any more time discussing this, I'd say that it'd be important to know quite a bit more about your "co-worker" and the circumstances of her order. Most folks here on MCO religiously track their orders online...and thus the chance of a car truly showing up with the wrong transmission type ordered is slim to none.
>>
>>Why don't you ask your co-worker come come on line and tell us a bit more?

yea what he said, If my S has a cvt they don't need to put it on the boat!!! Then again sense thats not an option I might keep it just for the novelty. It is sad but I doubt there is anything she can do, other than maybe try and find what she ordered at another dealer ( not likely) good luck and steer her our direction

RAT

Old 02-18-2003, 01:22 PM
orbhot
6th Gear
Maybe she decided to go buy a Honda and forget about the mechanical and customer service problems that MINI feeds us. In MINI's defense though, she really shouldn't have assumed eveything would go perfect and get rid of her car before getting a new one. And what did you expect MINI to do just give her a rental for free? Ha! I doubt any dealer selling resonably priced cars would have done that.

Old 02-18-2003, 09:22 PM
SuperMINI03
5th Gear
>>Nope, haven't heard of that happening before. But before spending any more time discussing this, I'd say that it'd be important to know quite a bit more about your "co-worker" and the circumstances of her order. Most folks here on MCO religiously track their orders online...and thus the chance of a car truly showing up with the wrong transmission type ordered is slim to none.
>>
>>Why don't you ask your co-worker come come on line and tell us a bit more?

I'd complaing and order for a cheaper mini because of impotency of the workers at the dealership.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Old 02-19-2003, 01:22 AM
Kohu'ulaMINI
5th Gear
>>>
>>
>>I'd complaing and order for a cheaper mini because of impotency of the workers at the dealership.
>> :evil: :evil: :evil:

IMPOTENCY!! Wow, sounds personal!!

Old 02-19-2003, 02:05 AM
Cooperman
3rd Gear
That's shocking, as I did not order, I have no reference from which to offer an opinion, other than thinking that surely she was provided some type of "copy" of the order. I would think that if the dealer is at fault, at the very least they might offer her one of their own cars (Mini Lot Car) at a substantial discount. But no, I don't faulot her for getting rid of her car before takling delivery of her new Mini. Who in the world would think that the tranny would be wrong?
Jim