R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 The weirdest thing that happened....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 09:11 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am dealing with the fact that my car has not yet arrived and has been sitting in the port for over a month, but then Friday I got a call that my car had just been produced....even though I had been already informed that it was finished June 10th. This morning I got an email from the dealer with the production number....a NEW production number....so I could "track it online"....which I had already been doing with the first Vin# he had given me a couple of weeks ago. I set up a separate account and checked on the new production number. Of course it was for a new Vin# too so I was like "What the hell?....." Both cars I checked on were exactly the same.....and both awaiting transport. I was super furious because I thought they were trying to sell the other car out from under me and so I called the dealership. The manager (who seemed nice enough...I had never talked to him before) told me he had all the old information and I told him I was given new information by one of the sales people....well it turns out that they went and ordered me TWO CARS....both of which are done and ready to be sent over. So which ever one gets here first is mine. Bottom line....this dealership seems REALLY disorganized.....I wish I had gone to a different one instead.

Old 07-15-2002, 09:17 AM
xs1vgamer
1st Gear
Wow, that is weird!

I'm kinda weirded out myself right now. I have seen two other people in here that have the same production date as me (7/26), one of them is at Awaiting Transport!, and the other went to Scheduled For Production. Mine still says On Order and i have the same Prod date! MINIUSA says that a 7/26 prod date should start going down the line today, but i'm still at On Order as of right now, so i don't know what to think.

Old 07-15-2002, 09:23 AM
VerucaSalt
If I were you I would call MiniUsa (it's 1-800-ASK MINI) and you can get a production code from them and find out exactly what is going on....alot of people say that the website is right on and others have been saying that it is giving false info....also I am telling people this now because there have been problems with the boats getting over here...I talked to a rep that said she had done her homework and the cars do not ship in order of production, which is really dumb but there is nothing we can do about it. That is why my Car#1 has been sitting over there for over a month. And hey if anyone wants an exact duplicate to my car....there will be an extra on the lot at Mini of Towson in a few weeks! HAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Old 07-15-2002, 10:26 AM
xs1vgamer
1st Gear
Yeah, i did, and they just say it's still On Order.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:18 PM
VerucaSalt
Car #1 has been sitting at port since June 13th (grumble)....Car #2 was on a train on it's way to port on July 12th....the way that things are going, Car #2 will probably make it here first!

Also I was wondering if anyone knew.....since I have been pulled in a million different directions through this, how likely do you think the dealership will be to give me a loaner car in a couple of weeks? I sold my Honda to this kid and he wants it, like, right now....but I won't have a way to get to work!