R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 New to the forums....but with a few ??? About my r53

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 02:39 PM
GiDDeNz
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the forums....but with a few ??? About my r53

Hi guys...my name is Matthew I am a very proud owner of a 05' r53..its black eye purple and I adore it.

And I have a few ?? For each and every one of you guys...and any info would be much appreciated...

Ok so here it goes...my mini when purchased was bone stock ....I have replaced the springs with ones with a 1 1/2" drop and it had the Lance Armstrong exhaust mod done to it..

My goal is to get it to be as quick as possible with nothing but bolt on parts...so this is the plan....full exhaust,(what brand do you prefer and why?) I don't want it too loud and droney..a 15-17-% reduction pulley( which would you prefer?)

I have already placed and ALTA CAI and I have drilled a few extra holes in the back of the air box underneath the windshield wiper..

Larger injectors and a Either a ECU TUNE or a plug and play system...I have seen a few on the market and I wanted to get everyone's input on the ecu mods...

It has been in a little fender bender and I will be coming into some extra $$ and I would like to perform these mods

The ultimate goal is to achieve between 250hp and 300hp, w/ bolt ons and a tune...but reliable...

I'm not looking for a stoplight hero because that is not what the MINI is about...and I'm not about that life.

Also I'm looking for a different gear ratio as well ...I have switched my gear ratio and it made a world of difference in my 240sx(RPS-13)...I would like to have the acceleration in the MIni as fast as possible. Because the MINi is underestimated wherever you go..and I like being the underdog,and proving people wrong...

And I have been looking at this site for a few quirks that the mini had and I fixed them straight away...that's why I'm posting here

Thanks again for the input guys I really do appreciate it

Matthew Giddens

Email:matthewgiddenz@gmail.com

Old 04-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Welcome to NAM.

If you have not already done so may I suggest you check out the Mod Section of Gen1? There is an impressive amount of information on NAM between the threads, the members and the vendors.

You can can get to 240 - 250 BHP and be reliable. Pullies, cams, injectors, different exhaust/headers and a tune. I have 240 myself. When you go over that 250 mark you are looking at heads and other cooling systems. The threads have all the information you are looking for with pros and cons.