R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Waiting to wait...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 11:41 PM
derek_lukasik
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else in the waiting to wait club? I feel so neglected that I cannot participate in any of the actual waiting clubs with a target month that I need to start a new one. So, chime in all of you out there waiting to wait.

I may actually get to order my Mini this month. Been waiting to start waiting since Sept. How long is the wait, once you start waiting anyway?

Can't wait,

Derek

Old 01-06-2004, 01:17 AM
night_shifter
1st Gear
In Denver, the 'waiting to wait' list was 2 months for me.

June 18th - Put $500 refundable deposit down and got on the waiting to order list.
August 16th - Placed order for my brg MCS. $1000 non-refundable deposit.
October 8th - 'S' built. Waiting for ship.
November 4th - 'S' landed in California.
November 26th - Picked up my 'S'.

'04 solid brg S, #1 & 3, xenon, front fogs, hk, leather, chrome mirrors.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:48 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
>>Anyone else in the waiting to wait club? I feel so neglected that I cannot participate in any of the actual waiting clubs with a target month that I need to start a new one. So, chime in all of you out there waiting to wait.
>>
>>I may actually get to order my Mini this month. Been waiting to start waiting since Sept. How long is the wait, once you start waiting anyway?

Derek,
Aloha and welcome to NAM.
If you are about to order then you are two months from having your MINI built and then another month from it to arrive at your dealership except if you live in Hawaii or further out-which adds another month approx.

Old 01-06-2004, 03:30 AM
minintrigue
4th Gear
I am absolutely waiting to wait. It is just not realistic for me to add another car payment right now so I spend a lot of time on here dreaming. I have no idea how long I will actually be waiting to wait but I appreciate the ability to experience the joy of ownership vicariously through the NAM community.

Old 01-06-2004, 05:53 AM
AlexR
1st Gear
I am also waiting to wait. For me, I personally don't like having 2 car payments. I'm planning to place my order in 6-8 weeks and my understanding that in PA/NJ it's a 8-10 week wait for delivery.

But I'm not wasting my time. I'm learning everything I can here on NAM. I'm refining my option list so when the time comes I'll just go in and complete the transaction. My latest deliberation was over Lapis leather. Given all the discussion recently, I'm thinking cloth will do just fine and I'll spring for the CD changer.

AlexR

Old 01-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Fidge
4th Gear
>>I am absolutely waiting to wait. It is just not realistic for me to add another car payment right now so I spend a lot of time on here dreaming. I have no idea how long I will actually be waiting to wait but I appreciate the ability to experience the joy of ownership vicariously through the NAM community.

I am in the same boat. I am waiting for the lease on my Jetta to end which is just over 1 year away. I will be ordering a 2005 mc in Jan. 05. Hopefully will arrive near the end of my lease on the Jetta.

Now thats what I call "waiting to wait"

Old 01-06-2004, 08:55 AM
derek_lukasik
1st Gear
>>In Denver, the 'waiting to wait' list was 2 months for me.
>>
>>June 18th - Put $500 refundable deposit down and got on the waiting to order list.
>>August 16th - Placed order for my brg MCS. $1000 non-refundable deposit.
>>October 8th - 'S' built. Waiting for ship.
>>November 4th - 'S' landed in California.
>>November 26th - Picked up my 'S'.
>>
>>'04 solid brg S, #1 & 3, xenon, front fogs, hk, leather, chrome mirrors.

Hey night_shifter. Looks like the wait queues have gotten slightly longer since you ordered yours. Assuming my delivery time is similar to yours (I'm dealing with Ralph Schomp too), I'm probably looking at a March timeframe. I have been seeing more and more Minis on the road up here in Fort Collins. A few months ago, there were only a couple.

Derek

Old 01-06-2004, 08:56 AM
derek_lukasik
1st Gear
>>Hey night_shifter. Looks like the wait queues have gotten slightly longer since you ordered yours. Assuming my delivery time is similar to yours (I'm dealing with Ralph Schomp too), I'm probably looking at a March timeframe. I have been seeing more and more Minis on the road up here in Fort Collins. A few months ago, there were only a couple.
>>

Oops, not March, April. If I'm lucky. Can't add.

D.

Old 01-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Yeah, I do not have a date for mine yet, guess that means I'm waiting to wait

Old 01-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
My new S that is.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:51 AM
countrym
6th Gear
Derek,

I feel your pain. I had to wait 8 months to wait, and then another 2 months in the November Club. The time between realizing that you have to have a MINI and being able to finally place your order can be excruciating, but rest assured that your NAM buddies will be here to love you through it. You'll get there eventually! And in the meantime, you can obsess over options and color schemes. :smile:

>>Anyone else in the waiting to wait club? I feel so neglected that I cannot participate in any of the actual waiting clubs with a target month that I need to start a new one. So, chime in all of you out there waiting to wait.
>>
>>I may actually get to order my Mini this month. Been waiting to start waiting since Sept. How long is the wait, once you start waiting anyway?
>>
>>Can't wait,
>>
>>Derek
>>

Old 01-06-2004, 11:08 AM
fms
5th Gear
Count me in on the wait, as I've got a JCW MCS ordered and I'm about 8 months out, w/ no idea when I'll get a production number. The difference is that I'm not suffering as I currently drive my PS/B MC every day and love it just as much or more each time I get behind the wheel.

Old 01-06-2004, 11:56 AM
IanF
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>I am absolutely waiting to wait. It is just not realistic for me to add another car payment right now so I spend a lot of time on here dreaming. I have no idea how long I will actually be waiting to wait but I appreciate the ability to experience the joy of ownership vicariously through the NAM community.

I'm with you, although considering I've had my current car for less than a year, I'll probably be waiting a long time... :smile:

Old 01-06-2004, 07:51 PM
cabmeister
3rd Gear
OH JOY .
Placed our $ 500 deposits back in Oct 03 for production in early June 04 for mid/late July delivery.thanks to all for at least keeping us sane for the start of our ordeal great learning about our future pride and joy.We have even got stuff to put on our Mini`s when we take possestion and are getting more and more stuff as weeks go by

Old 01-29-2004, 09:41 AM
seashelly
4th Gear
>>

>>Can't wait,
>>
>>Derek
>>
I'm waiting to wait too. Too many cars right now, so I'm trying to sell my Nissan Murano. Unfortunately, I'm one year into a 3 year lease on that one. Looks like MINI inventory is up right now, so once the Nissan is gone I don't think I'll be waiting much after that.

I want a '04 MCS, any color (as long as its not black, silver or BRG), with a white or body colored roof (especially LY/LY), and no bonnet stripes (does anybody actually paint stripes any more, or is everything a decal now?). Gotta have sunroof, and leather, since that's the only way to get adjustable lumbar support, and xenon headlamps. Any other options are icing, unless of course they are the dealer added to increase mark-up kind, don't want any of those.

I'm on the waiting to wait list at Long Beach Mini, just in case

In the meantime, I try to feed my need here, until I can join the fun too.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:19 PM
pixjones
Neutral
Yup I'm in the Waiting to wait group as well!!!

I ordered my MCS from Rasmussen MINI in Portland (I live in Seattle) in the first week of October, '03. I was told it would be about 8-9 months - so I'm hoping for a May or June delivery... we shall see.

Trying hard to be patient - but getting quite antsy. I've started attending my local MINI meetup and group gatherings and the MINI owners have been extremely welcoming and understanding.

Thanks for starting this thread so we can all support each other until we're "officially" waiting!

Old 01-29-2004, 01:30 PM
kramseib
3rd Gear
SORRY, I AM JUST WAITIN FOR THE SUN TO RISE SO I CAN GO MOTORING TOMORROW! I HAVE BEEN MOTORING FOR 1 1/2 YEAR NOW.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:33 PM
fms
5th Gear
>>Yup I'm in the Waiting to wait group as well!!!
>>
>>I ordered my MCS from Rasmussen MINI in Portland (I live in Seattle) in the first week of October, '03. I was told it would be about 8-9 months - so I'm hoping for a May or June delivery... we shall see.
>>
>>Trying hard to be patient - but getting quite antsy. I've started attending my local MINI meetup and group gatherings and the MINI owners have been extremely welcoming and understanding.
>>
>>Thanks for starting this thread so we can all support each other until we're "officially" waiting!

I'm getting mine through Rasmussen MINI as well. Why did you order from Rasmussen and not from Northwest?

Old 01-29-2004, 01:36 PM
vooreps
4th Gear
Ordered and paid deposit on 12/2.

Right now, my MINI is on the 'Aida' crossing the Atlantic. Scheduled to dock on 2/4.

Hopeing for a quick entry and delivery to my dealer and then wraping my hot, sweatty hands on that 3 spoke stering wheel. (Sorry, just got a little carried away there.....)

Old 01-29-2004, 02:29 PM
pixjones
Neutral

>>I'm getting mine through Rasmussen MINI as well. Why did you order from Rasmussen and not from Northwest?

Hi fms - I test drove at NW, but they told me it would be 12-14 months and $500 over MSRP... so when I found out I could get it more quickly and for less money at Rasmussen, there didn't seem to be much to think about.

When are you expecting yours?

Old 01-30-2004, 01:14 PM
fms
5th Gear
>>
>>>>I'm getting mine through Rasmussen MINI as well. Why did you order from Rasmussen and not from Northwest?
>>
>>Hi fms - I test drove at NW, but they told me it would be 12-14 months and $500 over MSRP... so when I found out I could get it more quickly and for less money at Rasmussen, there didn't seem to be much to think about.
>>
>>When are you expecting yours?

Should be sometime around July or August. A year or more PLUS $500 is pretty hard to put up with, almost wonder how they can do it w/ Rasmussen beating the pants off them for time and cost!! Next question, which will become a new thread: how will Northwest do on the service of a car not bought from them?

Old 01-30-2004, 03:25 PM
seashelly
4th Gear
So, what do you do while you're waiting to wait?

To date, I've cleaned out the MINI's parking space in the garage. It's a single car space that used to be used for storing stuff. (Took a couple of boxes of stuff to Goodwill, too.) Now my new parking space is all clean and shiny. Uhhmmm, I may end up painting the garage, inside, I mean.

I spend way too much time reading posts here, there and everywhere regarding MCS's. Hubby and I discuss which options/mods we each think new MINI needs. I think up MINI names... (Nellie?, Molly?...Lil' Booger?, nah, scratch that one). {hushed whisper} sometimes, I daydream about detailing my MCS. And I am not a car cleaning fanatic!

I'm trying to redirect my anxious anticipation and get some other things done, like house work, or yard work. (Yeah, yard work is good, parts of the yard are close to the garage.)

It's kinda like having a song stuck in the back of my head, and of course, trying to make it go away only makes it worse.

Is there a 12 step program for this?

Shelly

Old 02-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Fonzarelli
Neutral

>>I ordered my MCS from Rasmussen MINI in Portland (I live in Seattle) in the first week of October, '03. I was told it would be about 8-9 months - so I'm hoping for a May or June delivery... we shall see.
>>

I ordered my MCS from Northwest Mini last week. I also live in Portland, Oregon. Yes, the wait was a little longer at Northwest Mini, but I did purchase at MSRP.

I am in the Seattle area frequently so I dropped by to check prices and delivery.

Northwest Mini was so much more friendly and helpful than the dealership back home that I decided to spend my money with them.

A year? Yes, that seems like a long time, but I won't be needing a car until then.

Old 02-01-2004, 08:00 PM
LRogers
1st Gear
From Denver, waiting since end of Sep't. I was told possibly next month (Feb.)
Will order CR/W MCS with winter package and sun roof. Very limited dealer options.
If it takes long enough, I should miss the pleasure of driving in our spring snows.

Old 02-01-2004, 10:07 PM
derek_lukasik
1st Gear
>>From Denver, waiting since end of Sep't. I was told possibly next month (Feb.)
>>Will order CR/W MCS with winter package and sun roof. Very limited dealer options.
>>If it takes long enough, I should miss the pleasure of driving in our spring snows.

I'm up in Fort Collins. I got on the list at the beginning of Sept. Labor Day weekend to be exact. I'm supposedly going to stop waiting to wait this week. It was going to be last week, but that didn't happen...

Derek

Quick Reply: R50/53 Waiting to wait...