R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Mini Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 05:26 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I happened by my dealership one day and saw a three piece set of luggage in the
boot of a display room Mini with the hatch open. What a great idea........three pieces that fit perfectly without having to push one or both of the back seats down. Now I have my own set and find it to be of very high quality and quite convenient. Check it out!

Old 10-01-2002, 06:05 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

For all you SoCal motorers, Long Beach MINI's Poker Rally is on Sunday, Oct. 20, 10 AM - 4 PM. The grand prize is the MINI Luggage that Herby just bought! Contact Becky Bell at 1-800-794-4269, to reserve a spot.

The rally will consist of a driver through Long Beach, San Pedro & Palos Verdes, with cards dealt out at each location. Best hand wins! LB MINI will provide food from In & Out Burger, too! Should be a LOT of fun. Some vintage original Minis are participating, too!

No, I am not affiliated with LB MINI...I bought MINIclo there, though & really like all the people that work there!

Cheers!
Clover

Old 10-01-2002, 06:08 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
>>The rally will consist of a driver through Long Beach, San Pedro & Palos Verdes, with cards dealt out at each location.<<

Aarrghh! Over-eager typing fingers! Meant to write "The rally will consist of a DRIVE through Long Beach, etc..."

Old 10-01-2002, 06:27 PM
dwoody1000
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds really nice. Was there any color choices? And if I may ask what you paid?

The Woodman

Love my Cooper!
NIIIICCCCEEEEE

Old 10-01-2002, 09:35 PM
FreddyBoy
1st Gear
I saw the MINI Luggage in the MINI Motoring Gear on miniusa.com. In the description they said it was custom made by Samsonite to fit all 3 pieces in the boot of your MINI.

MINI really covers all bases. They seem to think about every little detail possible before we do!!!

FreddyBoy

Old 10-01-2002, 11:48 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
The luggage is rather pricey at $460, but it IS great-looking! Black, with the MINI logo...looks like excellent quality build, too!

Old 10-02-2002, 07:02 AM
C4
Banned
I really like the MINI's Samsonite luggage but I agree that it is very pricey!. I would like to see it first in person to see if it is really worth it. If we end up doing a long road trip in the MINI sometime next year, I would then considered it.

Has anyone already ordered the luggage set?

Old 10-02-2002, 09:44 AM
YellowSub
1st Gear
Way too expensive IMO. The only piece with any merit, at all, is the hard-shell carry-on.

The rest look like they stuck MINI decals on their old luggage with maybe a nip and tuck to make them fit the boot. Very little flair in the set at all. I think the design team at BMW would have done a much better job of it, or at least added some color panels. Ya know ,like to match the color choices of the car. A black bottom / yellow top case would go just fine with my S. As for me, I'll stick with my old beat up day-pack for my gym trips and take the bigger car to the airport. Overall the set is BOARING.

Old 10-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the sake of clarity.....I have purchased & used the 3 piece set. All pieces are excellent quality, durable, good looking, made by Samsonite. They include:

1.CARRY-ON UPRIGHT....with removable wetpack pocket & travel kit for toiletries.
Three inside mesh compartments. Chrome hubbed in-line skate wheels. Push-
button locking handle that expands and can carry #2 on top of it. This is great for
slacks and larger clothing items.
2. CONVERTIBLE TOTE....zip-away adjustable shoulder straps can convert the tote
to a BACKPACK....nice versatility. Large front opening for easy access. Has a zip
compartment on bottom for footwear. The tote is great for stacking folded shirts,
underwear, etc. Has side handles for easy lifting and carrying by hand.
3. DUFFEL....with top strap for carrying by shoulder, side handles. Large
compartment, front U-shaped zip opening for easy packing, interior mesh pocket,
rear zip compartment, substantial interior room. Perfect as a flight carry-on or as
a gym bag.

* All pieces have inside straps for keeping things stationary, outside and inside
zip compartments for separating your things. All have a hard side for protection
and a soft side for expandability. Each piece comes with a lock and key. Small
metal Mini wing emblems on each piece of mini luggage. Comes just in black.

* Some may think this is expensive at $460 plus tax, but I happened to need
luggage and am thrilled with the entire set....appearance, quality and
versatility! Take a CLOSER look yourself.