R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Alaska MINI

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:47 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
Does anyone know if there are many MINIs in Alaska? Just wondering.
If you are motoring in Alaska I would love to hear from you.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:57 PM
NRX13
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always wanted to move there, ever since i was a wee one:p Soon I might. Then there will be at least 1 more mini in alaska I have cousins that live out there, infact im probably going in january, i'll let you know if i see any, or ill ask my cousin if shes seen any around.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
:smile: My sister lives in Anchorage - used to live on Kodiak Island. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL up there!!! :smile: :smile: She said she has seen 2 MINI's up there - there could be more, but I would imagine getting it serviced would be quite a pain.....

Old 12-24-2003, 09:40 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alaskan to lower forty-eighter: "We had a MINI once, something ate it!"

Old 12-24-2003, 01:32 PM
SB
6th Gear
I recalled seeing someone post about purchasing out of state last year and they were in Alaska. I did a search and I do believe it was ubolt who I saw posting.

Old 12-24-2003, 02:30 PM
OregonCooper
1st Gear
The nearest dealers are in southern Alberta & Washington State. What a nightmare to get any service....

Old 12-24-2003, 03:14 PM
D.D.
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
>>Alaskan to lower forty-eighter: "We had a MINI once, something ate it!"

Old 01-04-2004, 11:33 PM
NRX13
2nd Gear
I leave for alaska in 3 days... I will report back my findings, and possibly have some pictures of more snow covered minis

Old 01-07-2004, 01:21 AM
akmini
1st Gear
I live in Seward, Alaska. I am picking up my cooper in Salt Lake city around the middle of February. Driving it back to Seattle and then shipping by ocean barge the rest of the way.

I have seen several coopers in Anchorage.I will be the only mini owner on the Kenai Pennisula.

Hoping if I have any major warranty problems I will be able to take it to the BMW dealership in Anchorage. I know BMW dealerships are not suppose to work on mini's. Maybe MiniUSA will make an exception since it is thousands of miles to the nearest dealership in Seattle.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:24 AM
NRX13
2nd Gear
Im going to Seward again this year.... But without my mini:(
Lame... I really love the drive up to seward from Anchorage, along beluga bay is it? Lots of twisties after the long stretch if I remember, lots of ups and downs as well. I guess my cousins saturn will do oh well, i'll just pretend im in the mini, although that could be very dangerous... wait a minute how much snow is there right now? Will it melt in 3 days cause thats when im comin!

Old 01-07-2004, 01:27 AM
minihune
>>I live in Seward, Alaska. I am picking up my cooper in Salt Lake city around the middle of February. Driving it back to Seattle and then shipping by ocean barge the rest of the way.
>>
>>I have seen several coopers in Anchorage.I will be the only mini owner on the Kenai Pennisula.
>>
>>Hoping if I have any major warranty problems I will be able to take it to the BMW dealership in Anchorage. I know BMW dealerships are not suppose to work on mini's. Maybe MiniUSA will make an exception since it is thousands of miles to the nearest dealership in Seattle.

akmini,
Aloha and welcome to NAM.
Thanks for the status check. Good luck to you with your MC and pick up. Have a safe trip north. At least you are headed into the sunny period.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:40 AM
akmini
1st Gear
We have 5 feet of snow on the ground around the house. I did see a mini this past summer in Seward. Spring won't be here until about mid May.

The Seward highway is one of the most beautful drives in North America. You travel around Turnagain arm and over the Kenai mountains.

I am getting an indi blue cooper/ black roof, H&K, driving lights, roof rack, ski and snowboard holder, clear bra, rear spoiler, front and rear fog lifgts, winter package and xenon headlights.

I think the cooper will do great in the snow and ice from everything I've read.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:48 AM
minihune
>>We have 5 feet of snow on the ground around the house. I did see a mini this past summer in Seward. Spring won't be here until about mid May.

5 ft of snow! Don't park in a new spot or you may loose your MINI.

>>The Seward highway is one of the most beautful drives in North America. You travel around Turnagain arm and over the Kenai mountains.

Sounds great. Who needs tail of the dragon.

>>I am getting an indi blue cooper/ black roof, H&K, driving lights, roof rack, ski and snowboard holder, clear bra, rear spoiler, front and rear fog lifgts, winter package and xenon headlights.

Nice setup.

>>I think the cooper will do great in the snow and ice from everything I've read.

Put on some snow tires to be safe. And Motor ON.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:44 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
>>>
Sounds great. Who needs tail of the dragon
>>>

i do

Old 03-02-2004, 08:10 AM
emagineer
2nd Gear
>>We have 5 feet of snow on the ground around the house. I did see a mini this past summer in Seward. Spring won't be here until about mid May.
>>
>>The Seward highway is one of the most beautful drives in North America. You travel around Turnagain arm and over the Kenai mountains.
>>
>>I am getting an indi blue cooper/ black roof, H&K, driving lights, roof rack, ski and snowboard holder, clear bra, rear spoiler, front and rear fog lifgts, winter package and xenon headlights.
>>
>>I think the cooper will do great in the snow and ice from everything I've read.

Hey Ak,

I saw your post in M2 with pics. Give us an update too and glad you got MINI (and you) home safe.