R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Found Perfect MINI Baby Stroller!

Old 10-30-2003, 05:03 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For all you parents or soon to be parents looking for a stroller that fits in the MINI boot without folding down the seats, without removing the shelf, without compromising safety or comfort, retaining the ability for a Travel System, this is it! It's the Peg Perego Aria GM. It weighs 9 pounds and supports up to 40 pounds. It fits perfectly in the boot, but then again, nothing else will fit! Sure it costs more than typical strollers, but it's less than a comparable COMBI, and current owners are raving about it.

See full pictures and detail on my MINI site.

Old 10-30-2003, 05:13 PM
jimbo858
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 10-30-2003, 05:51 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I hope you also have the Recaro baby seat too! Tee hee!

clover@northamericanmotoring.com | "Wicked Wanda" '03 All Jet Black MCS!!!

Old 10-30-2003, 06:01 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>It fits perfectly in the boot, but then again, nothing else will fit!<<

I don't know, I'm pretty sure I see room for a six pack cooler between the wheels on the right there.

Old 10-30-2003, 07:51 PM
OctaneGuy
>>>>It fits perfectly in the boot, but then again, nothing else will fit!<<
>>
>>I don't know, I'm pretty sure I see room for a six pack cooler between the wheels on the right there.

You're actually right! I was thinking that same thing! Heh heh, well maybe not necessarily a 6pack cooler!

re: MINICLO
Thanks Clover! Yeah, Graco also makes a stylish booster seat too, but that won't be for a few years!!

This is a bit more affordable, but still a long way off!!!
GRACO Booster MINI

re: JIMBO
That looks good too. Not sure though as I haven't seen it in person. I just really liked the overall feel of this stroller cause it felt like a regular stroller, but folded up to fit perfectly in the boot without having to compromise anything. Maybe the Britax is similar.

Old 10-31-2003, 06:47 AM
Veak
2nd Gear
>>how about this one?
>>
>>http://www.britaxusa.com/products.cf...DBC609A7116AA1
>>
>>

I got the Peg Perego for the very same reason - it fits in the boot! Right after we bought the Aria I saw that Britax one - it looks great too. Does anyone know if it fits in the boot as well?

The one significant advantage that the per Perego Aria has is it's weight: it only weighs 10 lbs. The Britax one says it weight 22lbs. I have to admit that the Britax one looks cooler though.

FYI - the Per Perego one is available in some verry cool MINI-ish colors (black and silver, black and red, that cool green shown above, and a beige)

Old 10-31-2003, 07:34 AM
8ball
6th Gear
... and just for comparison, this was to be the "official" MINI version:

(image is from a Konfigurator) ... the bucket snaps in and out and is part of the interior child safety seat set-up ...

Old 10-31-2003, 07:36 AM
OctaneGuy

>>I got the Peg Perego for the very same reason - it fits in the boot! Right after we bought the Aria I saw that Britax one - it looks great too. Does anyone know if it fits in the boot as well?
>>
>>The one significant advantage that the per Perego Aria has is it's weight: it only weighs 10 lbs. The Britax one says it weight 22lbs. I have to admit that the Britax one looks cooler though.
>>
>>FYI - the Per Perego one is available in some verry cool MINI-ish colors (black and silver, black and red, that cool green shown above, and a beige)
>>

Veak, did you buy a Peg Perego Infant seat too? I'm wondering which one you got cause my local Babies R Us said the Primo Viaggia which they had didn't fit the Aria. They tried snapping it on, and had trouble. Just wondering if you encountered any trouble!

re: Colors
Cool, I didn't know. I liked the cool green though!

Where did you end up buying the stroller from?

Thanks!

Old 10-31-2003, 08:10 AM
Veak
2nd Gear
>>
>>>>I got the Peg Perego for the very same reason - it fits in the boot! Right after we bought the Aria I saw that Britax one - it looks great too. Does anyone know if it fits in the boot as well?
>>>>
>>>>The one significant advantage that the per Perego Aria has is it's weight: it only weighs 10 lbs. The Britax one says it weight 22lbs. I have to admit that the Britax one looks cooler though.
>>>>
>>>>FYI - the Per Perego one is available in some verry cool MINI-ish colors (black and silver, black and red, that cool green shown above, and a beige)
>>>>
>>
>>
>>Veak, did you buy a Peg Perego Infant seat too? I'm wondering which one you got cause my local Babies R Us said the Primo Viaggia which they had didn't fit the Aria. They tried snapping it on, and had trouble. Just wondering if you encountered any trouble!
>>
>>re: Colors
>>Cool, I didn't know. I liked the cool green though!
>>
>>Where did you end up buying the stroller from?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>

I did get the Primo Viaggio seat too - it definitely fits in the Aria! As far as the colors go - Babies R Us does not carry all of the colors available. As you noticed the Primo Viaggio seat that they carry is probably black and silver. You can get the one in the cool green to match the stroller you got - just not through them - unfotunately! We purchased ours through a local baby shop here in Philly called Norman's Juvenile Furniture (on south 2nd street). I don't have their phone number but I highly recommend them - look them up on some sort of online yellow pages (believe it or not they don;t have a web-site!). I know they will ship nation-wide and their prices are equal too if not better than the national chains. We got the "Balck Sable" which is a really cool black and metallic silver fabric. It wouel be a grat match for the Space Cloth seats in the S. We have the Lapis Blue - so the black and silver looks cool with it.

Good Luck

Old 10-31-2003, 12:48 PM
OctaneGuy
>>I did get the Primo Viaggio seat too - it definitely fits in the Aria! As far as the colors go - Babies R Us does not carry all of the colors available. As you noticed the Primo Viaggio seat that they carry is probably black and silver. You can get the one in the cool green to match the stroller you got - just not through them - unfotunately! We purchased ours through a local baby shop here in Philly called Norman's Juvenile Furniture (on south 2nd street). I don't have their phone number but I highly recommend them - look them up on some sort of online yellow pages (believe it or not they don;t have a web-site!). I know they will ship nation-wide and their prices are equal too if not better than the national chains. We got the "Balck Sable" which is a really cool black and metallic silver fabric. It wouel be a grat match for the Space Cloth seats in the S. We have the Lapis Blue - so the black and silver looks cool with it.

Thanks for the tip. You're absolutely right about the colors and the fact Babies R Us doesn't carry all of them. I just Googled Normans Juvenile Furniture and you're right! What a shame! Well off to my research. Worse come worse, I can buy it direct from Peg Perego, but good to know I have options!

I also have an IB/W but I have the Profile Leather with Anthracite. So the Black Sable seems perfect too!

Old 10-31-2003, 04:32 PM
BabsWife
5th Gear

>>Thanks for the tip. You're absolutely right about the colors and the fact Babies R Us doesn't carry all of them. I just Googled Normans Juvenile Furniture and you're right! What a shame! Well off to my research. Worse come worse, I can buy it direct from Peg Perego, but good to know I have options!
>>
>>I also have an IB/W but I have the Profile Leather with Anthracite. So the Black Sable seems perfect too!

You willbe limited in colors...BUT the prices are pretty good...try babycatalog.com or netkidswear.com...I found the Aria at both for less than list (and on netkidswear I found last year's colors for $158.)

They probably have the seat too. We got a travel system as a gift that doesn't fit in the MINI (I refer to it as the land yacht). So we've been looking for an alternative that isn't an umbrella stroller. Hmmm, will have to check out both this Aria and Britax.

PB

Old 10-31-2003, 08:27 PM
tontobird
5th Gear
>>>>It fits perfectly in the boot, but then again, nothing else will fit!<<
>>
>>I don't know, I'm pretty sure I see room for a six pack cooler between the wheels on the right there.

Chris, don't you know anything about having an infant?......That's where the diaper bag fits!!

Old 11-01-2003, 09:40 AM
OmToast
OVERDRIVE
^^ I don't know... If I was the parent of a brand new baby, I think I might need the 6 pack cooler a bit more!

Octane... start sleeping NOW!

Old 11-02-2003, 07:13 AM
Veak
2nd Gear
>>Thanks for the tip. You're absolutely right about the colors and the fact Babies R Us doesn't carry all of them. I just Googled Normans Juvenile Furniture and you're right! What a shame! Well off to my research. Worse come worse, I can buy it direct from Peg Perego, but good to know I have options!
>>
>>I also have an IB/W but I have the Profile Leather with Anthracite. So the Black Sable seems perfect too!

OK, I'm at home now: here is Norman's phone number...give them a call and tell them what you need, they'll ship anywhere. I know for a fact that they have a baby seat that matches the color stroller you have - I saw it on display in the store when we picked up our high chair )and some other stuff).

Norman's 215-334-0632 (Philadelphia, PA)

Great store, great prices - and very helpful. Good luck.

I've got 4 weeks to go until our due-date... must get sleep now...

Old 11-03-2003, 08:31 PM
OctaneGuy
Thanks Veak!!!! Take care and let us know when the baby arrives!!!

re: Clover about sleeping
LOL!

The SCMM'ers say I live on NAM. I think they are right!

Old 12-03-2003, 07:19 PM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Ok, to revive this thread I thought I'd share a great deal on the Aria stroller.

http://www.strollers4less.com has the Aria for $107!!!! I bought one on Friday night (yes, the day after Thanksgiving) and it arrived at the house this morning (two business days)...and the site is offering FREE shipping.

While you don't have a choice on the colors...it is a cool beige and steel blue version. I love the new stroller.

David likes it too.
PB

Old 12-06-2003, 06:56 PM
slangager
3rd Gear
Just to throw in my 2 cents.......We are expecting a little baby girl and have had a hard time finding MINI compatible seats and strollers......For the rear facing baby seat stroller we are using the "Snap-N Go". It's pretty bare bones but fits in the rear of the MINI and is universal for most baby seats. Also, it's only $59......Check it out.....

Stuart

Old 02-01-2004, 10:37 AM
Xeon
3rd Gear
I just got myself the Aria as well...You can only magine the smile tat was on my face when I put it in the boot, and saw how well it fit !!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2004, 06:37 PM
mattcoon
3rd Gear
My wife and I went shopping last Sunday for a stroller. We have until July, but we wanted to get an idea what was out there. We looked at the Aria, Combi, and the Graco. I personally liked the features of the Combi Savona TS and it looked like it would fit nicely in the boot from the measurements I took. Does anyone have this stroller and how well does it fit? We were also looking at the Combi Tyro infant's seat that would snap nicely to the stoller for the first months. I believe the Tyro in new for this year.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:52 AM
OctaneGuy
Wow hard to believe I started this thread back in October, as it's March now, and we are just 1-1/2 months away from delivery of our first son! I ordered, or my wife ordered the Aria stroller about a week ago. We really wanted to choose the color, so we found a company online. I can't remember the name, but I'll post it when I find out.

Very exciting!!!!