PVGP Event - North American Motoring


PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

PVGP Event

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 PM
thrash0249's Avatar
thrash0249 thrash0249 is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PVGP Event

Hello, we were looking to go to the race this year and found out about the event that this club is doing at the PVGP. i was looking for some information about what does the $5 per person get you? and information about the "Mandatory Parade lap"? I tried sending an a email to a club member but no one responded so i figured i would try here.

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2013, 04:04 AM
amberback's Avatar
amberback amberback is offline
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 718
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi! Just curious, who did you email? I just want to make sure an email on the club website isn't broken. ([email protected] is the email we monitor most)

Registration is open here: http://www.pittstopmini.org/content....item_id=289764

If you're not already you can join our meetup group... we have more information there and you can write comments and questions, etc. This is the site we primarily use for smaller events... we just need the PittStopMINI.org site to handle money/registration/club memberships. http://www.meetup.com/motoringtheburgh/events/86072152/

Basically, we will met near the hot metal bridge in the south side for coffee/donuts and photos then be police escorted on closed streets into Schenley Park (is this the parade lap you're talking about??) for the car show/races. Lunch will be provided at the MINI tent. MINI of Pittsburgh funds this event, so your $5 (Per person) gets you in, breakfast, police escorted, and lunch. Plus there will be a 50/50 and prizes. (This used to be a $50+ event to attend!)

You can also come back in on Sunday and park in the MINI area but Sunday is completely informal, we don't have a meal or anything... just come and park in your spot and explore the rest of the car show.

I hope that answers your questions!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-2013, 04:37 AM
thrash0249's Avatar
thrash0249 thrash0249 is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I went through the Contact page/ General Information since i didn't know who to send it to.

And thank you for your quick response, you answered all of my questions. we look forward to being there.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:35 PM
TG. TG. is offline
6th Gear
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I guess I started to ask a question on the other thread and then found this one . . .

I'm a bit confused also...

I registered on the PVGP website... and did pay quite a bit for the parking access and lunches for Saturday and Sunday. Now there seems to be two different things going on. A parade on Saturday which isn't clearly listed as to where it starts! and then there's the parade lap on the Sunday which is mostly listed in the PVGP registration site. This is all very confusing...

I'm getting the feel there is two different groups involved here with two different objectives. The PVGP and PittStop.

Any clarification would be welcome. It the first year we are participating to the show itself so it's all a bit uncertain
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2014, 03:26 AM
thrash0249's Avatar
thrash0249 thrash0249 is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central PA
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I forgot about this post from last year. I was confused about it last year too.

instead of trying to explain everything to you and getting both of us confused there are the people that I have contacted that helped clarify so things. I am going to try and send them your way on here.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2014, 04:13 AM
amberback's Avatar
amberback amberback is offline
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 718
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG. View Post
I guess I started to ask a question on the other thread and then found this one . . .

I'm a bit confused also...

I registered on the PVGP website... and did pay quite a bit for the parking access and lunches for Saturday and Sunday. Now there seems to be two different things going on. A parade on Saturday which isn't clearly listed as to where it starts! and then there's the parade lap on the Sunday which is mostly listed in the PVGP registration site. This is all very confusing...

I'm getting the feel there is two different groups involved here with two different objectives. The PVGP and PittStop.

Any clarification would be welcome. It the first year we are participating to the show itself so it's all a bit uncertain
Yes PittStopMINI & MINI of Pittsburgh put together the parade into PVGP on Saturday. We've done this for probably 6+ years now and PVGP knows about it and usually mentions it on their site. However, they apparently left it out of the marque page because the page was put together long before we had secured our morning meeting location. We've outgrown some of our previous locations.

We will be sending out emails to all registrants before the event and I've also tried to post the morning meeting location every where and answer any questions... but there's only 1 of me!

We will be meeting on Saturday July 19 (2014!) around 8am at the Second Ave Parking Lot near the 10th Street Bridge. See here for the starting location and the route we will be taking into Schenley Park. http://bit.do/MINIParade

On Sunday there will be a parade lap around the race track hosted by PVGP since we are the Marque. The lap will be around 11am, so you need to make sure you're at Schenley around 10am on Sunday. We won't be driving in as a group that day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2014, 03:02 PM
TG. TG. is offline
6th Gear
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberback View Post
Yes PittStopMINI & MINI of Pittsburgh put together the parade into PVGP on Saturday. We've done this for probably 6+ years now and PVGP knows about it and usually mentions it on their site. However, they apparently left it out of the marque page because the page was put together long before we had secured our morning meeting location. We've outgrown some of our previous locations.

We will be sending out emails to all registrants before the event and I've also tried to post the morning meeting location every where and answer any questions... but there's only 1 of me!

We will be meeting on Saturday July 19 (2014!) around 8am at the Second Ave Parking Lot near the 10th Street Bridge. See here for the starting location and the route we will be taking into Schenley Park. http://bit.do/MINIParade

On Sunday there will be a parade lap around the race track hosted by PVGP since we are the Marque. The lap will be around 11am, so you need to make sure you're at Schenley around 10am on Sunday. We won't be driving in as a group that day.
Amber, I've been meaning to answer all day but work kept me too busy to justify the interruption

Anyway, Thank you so much for the information.
I'm not part of PittStopMINI club . . . not because I haven't been interested but mostly because I've been too busy to give it enough attention.

I'm guessing it's alright if we tag along even if we're not part of the club (yet...)?
When you say you'll be sending information to all registered you don't mean those who registered through PVGP or do you?

Much thanks again and I quite understand how busy you must be so no rush here. I've got a little time. I was just trying to understand it all

Greg

(ps: I'll post the same thing to the other thread...)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 PM
amberback's Avatar
amberback amberback is offline
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 718
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG. View Post
Amber, I've been meaning to answer all day but work kept me too busy to justify the interruption

Anyway, Thank you so much for the information.
I'm not part of PittStopMINI club . . . not because I haven't been interested but mostly because I've been too busy to give it enough attention.

I'm guessing it's alright if we tag along even if we're not part of the club (yet...)?
When you say you'll be sending information to all registered you don't mean those who registered through PVGP or do you?

Much thanks again and I quite understand how busy you must be so no rush here. I've got a little time. I was just trying to understand it all

Greg

(ps: I'll post the same thing to the other thread...)
We will be inviting everyone who registered with the club and with pvgp. Ultimately it's the same list, just different prices. We want as many MINIs as we can get in the parade!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2014, 08:46 PM
TG. TG. is offline
6th Gear
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberback View Post
We will be inviting everyone who registered with the club and with pvgp. Ultimately it's the same list, just different prices. We want as many MINIs as we can get in the parade!
You can count on us! . . . who knows I might be interested in a club membership as a result

And thanks for all your help!


.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charlotte Area- "Cars and Coffee Sat OCT Scheduling Conflict- Oct 10th! MC36 MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas (M2C2) 3 05-20-2016 12:25 PM
::Out Motoring:: OutMotoring KNOWs MINIs OutMotoring Vendor Announcements 1 11-16-2015 07:04 AM
Reno SCCA Thunderhill West PDX/TT Oct. 3 & 4 devenh General Discussion 0 09-28-2015 07:10 PM
WMW at Cravenspeed this Saturday 9/19/15 WayMotorWorks Pacific Northwest 1 09-16-2015 01:27 PM
Coffee & Cars With Pelican October 17th!!!!! PelicanParts.com Vendor Announcements 0 09-16-2015 12:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.


North American Motoring is an independently operated web site supporting MINI owners and enthusiastsworldwide. As such it has no official relationship with MINI USA, BMW AG, or BMW of North America.All original artwork and design is Copyright © 2002-2004 North American Motoring.