PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

Garage day/Get Together?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
GP0256
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Garage day/Get Together Pittsburgh Area?

Anybody in the Pittsburgh area interested in a garage day any time soon? i tried to host one in the beginning of June and it was a NOVA (or NO GO). I look at the other regional forums and it seems as though they have more cruises, cruise-ins and garage days than we do, and I would like to invite the Pittsburgh area MINI owners to do the same. E-mail me at JDULAM@GMAIL.COM or send me a PM and I will try and get something together for everyone. I see a TON of people just in Cranberry with MINI's and I know there are a lot of other people in the area with MINI's who I would like to see make an effort to get together more often. If you are interested, give me a holler and I will make it happen.

Thank You and have a great day,

Josh

Last edited by GP0256; 07-06-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
We have had, at a minimum, monthly events for the last 4 years. But the grassroots gatherings never have quite taken off, though they do happen from time to time. IMHO, part of it is that people around here seem to have a bit more of a passive "entertain me" mindset.

I would be interested. I'm in Zelie. I have a couple small things: a supercharger tensioner release strap to install and a modified shift well dust cover to try re-installing (from a previous short-shifter install job).

Or, with the PVGP so soon, it might be a good idea to do a detailing day. This is something that there have been numerous requests for over the years, but we've never managed to have one. Kindof short notice on that though.

Thanks for putting the offer out there (again)!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:18 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Josh - I'm "in" for one sometime soon, maybe even a "garage evening" or detailing evening or something. I'm in Wexford... anyone want to get together this Friday afternoon/evening for BBQ, jacked-up Minis, and perhaps frosty beverages at my place? The only reason I suggest my place is that I've got 2 kids this weekend, my wife's at Cub Scout camp with the other one...

We can even do the detailing garage evening next Friday night at your place or something, just prior to PVGP Schenley... definitely want to recognize your initiative here, and thanks for that!

Post or email LRDixon[at)att{dot }net

We're also heading for BeaveRun this weekend for PVGP "big bore" racing so maybe see you there? Check www.pittstopMini.org for details.

Oh - mine's the astro black/silver Checkmate you see in Cranberry all the time...

Last edited by DixonL2; 07-10-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josh,

We don't use this forum as much as the other regional clubs use theirs. Our club members don't seem to be the forum type. If you're a member of the PittStop Club, you should receive emails about every one of our club events. As John states, we have an official club event once a month, and have had at least 3 or 4 grassroots gatherings this year and 3 garage days so far IIRC. So far through six months of 2008 we have had 14-15 official and non-official get togethers as a club, which is actually on the high end of the spectrum as far as MINI clubs go.

Not sure if I have seen you at any of our events this year, so I encourage you to watch the club website, and participate when your time allows.

Steve

Last edited by mielnicki; 07-10-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:29 PM
GP0256
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mielnicki
Josh,

We don't use this forum as much as the other regional clubs use theirs. Our club members don't seem to be the forum type. If you're a member of the PittStop Club, you should receive emails about every one of our club events. As John states, we have an official club event once a month, and have had at least 3 or 4 grassroots gatherings this year and 3 garage days so far IIRC. So far through six months of 2008 we have had 14-15 official and non-official get togethers as a club, which is actually on the high end of the spectrum as far as MINI clubs go.

Not sure if I have seen you at any of our events this year, so I encourage you to watch the club website, and participate when your time allows.

Steve

Thank you all for the great posts........I am a very busy person as well, so if you have something, just let me know. I am jam packed for garage days and events in the next month. I will, however, post a good day for me in August and we will see what we can cook up. Is anyone available on Sundays? I work a TON os Saturdays and Sundays seem to be the best days. Shoot me some dates and I will see what I can do. If you have something coming up. let me know likewise.

Happy Motoring