PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

Anybody up for a garage day?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody up for a garage day?

Is anybody in or around Pittsburgh up for a garage day? I'll be happy to host it at my place (I have a 3 car garage, although unheated. But we're from the 'Burgh, so we're tough, right?) Or we can have it at your place if you prefer.

Anybody is welcome to come, you don't have to be a PittStop MINI Club member (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't be!) If you don't need to do any work on your own car (shame on you, you must have something to do!) you can still come to watch. Watching is free. But if you want to give advice you have to pay (JK). How about changing your oil?

I just finished installing my Alta Air Intake Box and cover and 19mm sway bar I got for Christmas. At a prior garage day we installed a 15% reduction pulley and brakes. So I might be helpful to anybody trying to accomplish those tasks. I also bought that big fat service manual for us to refer to. If you want to do the pulley or brakes the club has the pulley puller and belt tensioner we can borrow. I have the necessary brake tool and bleeder. (Come to think of it, I need to do my brakes too.)

I still need to install my Alta Driving Lights and bar though. Yes, momma was very good to me this year since I was such a good boy
Besides, she got jewelry! Anyway, the directions for installing the light bar really, umm, let's say leave a lot to be desired. And I am not very electrically inclined. So if anybody feels they could help I would really appreciate it. I will be happy to provide the beer and hot dogs.

I'm pretty flexible on the weekends, just let me know when is good. It would be fun to have 6 or so people come.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 AM
EBR53
2nd Gear
Although I've yet to make the transfer from the current owner, I should have my 04 MCS by middle of next week, at the latest. I'm already planning the first round of upgrades so the timing is perfect.

I'd be happy to host as well. I've got the (non-heated) three car garage as well and plenty of parking. I've put 15 normal cars in the front yard; I can't imagine how many Mini's would fit. I've also got an enclosed trailer available in case we really get in over our head and need to cry uncle. (It's a friends and has a NASA PT car in it. His HOA isn't so keen on the trailer in his plan.) I'm sure he'd be happy to lend his expertise as well.

I've also got a Bob Earl racing rig set up in the basement for full-on GTR2 sim racing to provide some alternative entertainment.

I will be in Vegas, however, for the NASCAR race from 3/1 to 3/4 so that weekend is kind of out for me.

I've not joined PittStop yet but will ASAP.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:31 PM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
Garage day

Let me know if you can make it on the weekend of the 3/8 or 3/9 and we'll schedule it for then and hopefully others can join us. Rather than post or pm me please email me using treasurer@pittstopmini.org since I am not on Nam a lot. Otherwise once you join you can find my phone number and regular email in the club directory. I'll look forward to meeting you. Thanks.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM
MindTheGap
3rd Gear
PittStop Pittsburgh Garage day

Just a reminder that next weekend, Saturday March 8th from 8 AM-finish, Garage day is at my house. Please contact me to let me know you're coming and for directions. Anybody that can guide me on installing my Alta Light bar and driving lights would be especially welcome. I will be happy to help you with your tasks too. Tomorrow 3/1/08 I'm going to be finishing my rear brakes now that the caliper paint is dry and the greenstuff pads arrived. Although it's not an official garage day, feel free to drop by to say hi and chat if you're going to be in the North Hills.