PDX MINI Club The PDX MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pdxmini.org

Body Shop Repair?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Shop Repair?

So, I know this is a long shot, and I really hope someone answers in the next few hours, but, I was in a car crash with my Mini this evening, and the whole front-left side of my Mini is totalled and is going to need some serious repair.

I found the list of Mini repair shops in the portland/hillsboro area, but is one better than the other? I have no idea who to turn to :(

Help :(

Old 08-21-2010, 04:11 PM
aDeLoreanGuy
4th Gear
Nu-Way is probably the most popular. They do know MINIs really well. I've taken mine there twice. Not perfect as there's been issues they've had to go back and have them fix. But I'm still waiting to hear of a place that does every job right the first time!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
jaridp
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Rainforest_Elf
So, I know this is a long shot, and I really hope someone answers in the next few hours, but, I was in a car crash with my Mini this evening, and the whole front-left side of my Mini is totalled and is going to need some serious repair.

I found the list of Mini repair shops in the portland/hillsboro area, but is one better than the other? I have no idea who to turn to :(

Help :(
How did the repair go?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Rainforest_Elf
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jaridp
How did the repair go?
Not good. The place who repaired my car forgot to connect the radiator hose to my engine when they returned my car to me after having it for 6 weeks.

Needless to say, now that I am finding myself in yet another car accident this evening (this one was not my fault in any way, shape, or form) I will not be returning to the same body shop.

Who should I take it to?

Old 07-26-2014, 06:19 AM
dongood
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rainforest_Elf
Who should I take it to?
Your local dealer.

You got hit, the other guy's insurance is paying for things, take it to your dealer.

I've been hit 4 times in my astro black MCS, had the dealer work on it every time. With one of the repairs the 21st Century adjuster was trying to convince me a special jig was not needed to brace the car when replacing a panel, he was trying to save a couple grand, and if I went to his recommended shop who knows what would have happened.

The dealer has vested interest in doing it right, not repeat business from the insurance company.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:48 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
Very few dealers do their own body work, they send the car out to a prefered shop. Ask your dealer who they use.

Dave