Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

PDX MINI Club Run Sunday March 3oth: Skyline Heights City Li

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Skyline Sights, City Lights Tour, is a fun, relatively short, drive that will prove to be entertaining rain or shine! The tour starts on Front Ave. in downtown Portland and for the first half of the run we will be bouncing on and off Skyline drive, taking some very twisty roads back and forth between Skyline Dr. and Hwy 30. If the weather is clear, we will have some spectacular views of Mt. Saint Helen's, Mt. Hood and the Beaverton/Hillsboro area. The second half of the drive will take us through a portion of Downtown Portland and up to Council Crest Park, were we will have some of the best views of the city lights. We finish up the tour by heading back downtown to Madison's Bar and Grill, for some great food and socializing. So, if the March blues are getting you down, you now have an excuse to get out your MINI and have some fun!

When: Sunday March 30th, 2003, meet at 2:00PM, depart at 2:30PM. We should end up at the restaurant between 4 and 4:30PM.

Where: We will meet at the former River Queen Parking lot on NW Front Ave. in downtown Portland.

How: In your MINI, of course! From the South, take I-5 North to Portland, follow the signs to “City Center” and take the Front Ave. Exit. From the North and East, take I-5 south/I-84 West to Portland, take the “City Center” exit, cross over the Morrison bridge and take the first exit to your right to front Ave. At the light turn Left onto Front, Ave. If coming from either direction, follow Front Ave. through downtown, under all the city bridges, past the train station on your left. Once you pass the Albers Milling Company, on your right, it is the second parking lot, on your Right.

For More information, Please Contact the Event Master - Ryan Walker at 503 810-1404 or e-mail to: ryan@pdxmini.org

Ryan
President, PDX MINI

Old 03-26-2003, 12:15 PM
Davbret
6th Gear
Hello everyone, just a heads up reminder that this is coming this weekend. Hope to see you all, but understand if you can't make it. We should be passing out the member ID badges at this event.

R

Old 03-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Hey Ryan,

Goofy (Tom) here,
Hope to be at this one! I've had to miss a few. Lost my job at the begining of March... company closed thier doors

Well I hope to see ya'll this weekend, hope I can get my wife to join in this time!
L8R

Grape

Old 03-31-2003, 07:20 AM
8ball
6th Gear
Thanks for a great run, Ryan!
... A fantastic day for blasting through the twisties with the windows down -
and the choice of roads was excellant! ... West Portland may never be the same ... but a dozen MINI's are dying to do it again ...

Old 03-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Yes Great fun!

Good to see you there Roy!
Glad I could make this one, Winnie got her first big workout! She's still panting but tugging at her leash to go again!!

Old 04-04-2003, 12:19 PM
racerkoi
Neutral
"Dying to do it again"? Then come out to The Oregon Mini Society's BunnyRun I on Saturday, April 19th. This is a novice level Time-Speed-Distance rally open to Minis, MINIs, and all other marques!

For more information go to http://www.oregonminisociety.com or e-mail racerkoi@aol.com

Let's get some MINIs out there!

Jeff