Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

Track Day at Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 02:19 PM
ronpetrich
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the crosspost, but I wanted to reach any Washington/Oregon MiniCooper track junkies that might be interested.

Greetings to all Northern California Mini owners from the Sacramento Area Miata Owners Association (SAMOA). Samoa is hosting its third semi-annual track day at Thunderhill Raceway near Willows, CA on Thursday, April 24, 2003. The event has recently been opened up to cars of all types, and besides Miatas, we already have a smattering of Boxsters, Z3s and other marques signed up. We would like to extend the same invitation to all interested Mini owners. The Mini is a great track car right out of the box.

The cost of the event is only $160 for the day, and that price includes lunch. Enrollment will be limited to a maximum of 55-60 cars in three run groups, based upon driving skill and track experience. Track novices are welcome, and there will be instruction available for anyone who requests it.

We emphasize safety as our highest concern during these events. The track is supported by experienced corner workers, and two ambulances are on site at all times. We have not had a single incident in our previous two events, and we want to keep it that way. If you are interested, contact me by private email at ronpetrich@yahoo.com or by telephone at (916) 454-1008. Registration and tech forms can be downloaded in PDF format from our website at http://www.samoa.org in the events section. I hope to see a Mini presence at the track, and further that one of you will take me for a ride.

Ron