Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

PSMINI.org forming

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are forming a sanctioned group. You can see the start of the group at http://www.psmini.org. We are looking for people that want to work as a team, and put together fun events, and motoring tours. We know that forming a sanctioned group details dues and some cost, but the benefits out weight the cost. We will be able to get discounts when we travel, we will be recognized by BMW, other groups will be more apt to do things with us, understanding that we have our own insurance.

In talking to SIR, we can get GROUP discounts, but only if we are sanctioned. Talking to some of the race schools, we can get discounts if we are sanctioned. Hotels and restaurants will give discounts to sanctioned groups. There are just to many benefits to be organized. One of the best reasons is insurance. We can get insurance for our morting events, but you have to be organized. I understand that if a group is sanctioned, we even get discounts from the BC ferry system. I would love to circle Vancouver Island.

Our group is meeting in planning session on Saturday at the Denny's in fife. It is scheduled to start at 530pm, I believe, and then afterwards a drive around Tacoma. If you are interested in attending, and being part of a growing group of mini lovers… that want to have fun, and be organized, send me email at kmoore@moorewebs.com

Kirk Moore

Old 03-30-2004, 07:21 PM
DancesWithCones
3rd Gear
Cool. I'm moving to Seattle in May. If you can keep the site updated, it'll be good to have other mini-malists to hang with.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:07 PM
mouserkm
Neutral
Our first meeting concerning the formation of the Puget Sound Mini Motoring Club went really well. We are going to use the PDX groups’ by-laws as the basis of our by-laws, and we working on getting temporary board members in place. Once that is done, we will file for incorporation, and set elections for the group, and get a permanent board in place. Kim from PDX has been very helpful and really has encouraged us. At the same time, we are working on getting our 503c from the IRS.

You can see the temporary web-site at http://www.psmini.org. There is a link for joining the yahoo group that we are using at this time.

Kirk aka Mini-Mouse

:smile:

Old 04-03-2004, 08:20 PM
NRX13
2nd Gear
Just an FYI, never put a period at the end of a link on this site, it gets confused:p

Also on your website, besure to resize the images in some sort of image editing program, (photoshop) because when you resize them in the web publishing software, the original image size is hosted... Some of your images are half a meg large, but only being viewed at like 200x400 or so. Its a waste of webspace, bandwidth and makes viewing your pages downright slow even on a 3.5mbit connection! Not harping on you just making you aware

Nice pictures though! That girl looks like shes a ghost! yikes!

Old 04-08-2004, 10:11 AM
mouserkm
Neutral
>>Just an FYI, never put a period at the end of a link on this site, it gets confused:p
>>
>>Also on your website, besure to resize the images in some sort of image editing program, (photoshop) because when you resize them in the web publishing software, the original image size is hosted... Some of your images are half a meg large, but only being viewed at like 200x400 or so. Its a waste of webspace, bandwidth and makes viewing your pages downright slow even on a 3.5mbit connection! Not harping on you just making you aware
>>
>>Nice pictures though! That girl looks like shes a ghost! yikes! :smile:

I am going to resize on photoshop and move back over the web site. I agree, we were trying to get the site up, and functional. It moved from apache to IIS, so there were minor issues.

The speed is a concern, and will get those pictures resized.

Thank you for the advice,

Kirk

Old 04-08-2004, 10:12 AM
mouserkm
Neutral
>>Just an FYI, never put a period at the end of a link on this site, it gets confused:p
>>
>>Also on your website, besure to resize the images in some sort of image editing program, (photoshop) because when you resize them in the web publishing software, the original image size is hosted... Some of your images are half a meg large, but only being viewed at like 200x400 or so. Its a waste of webspace, bandwidth and makes viewing your pages downright slow even on a 3.5mbit connection! Not harping on you just making you aware
>>
>>Nice pictures though! That girl looks like shes a ghost! yikes! :smile:

I am going to resize on photoshop and move back over the web site. I agree, we were trying to get the site up, and functional. It moved from apache to IIS, so there were minor issues.

The speed is a concern, and will get those pictures resized.

Thank you for the advice,

Kirk

Old 09-12-2004, 03:27 PM
kibosh
2nd Gear
What? no posts in this thread since April!?!

PSMINI.org has formed! Come check us out if you haven't already!

It's a great group of people who love MINI's.