NorCal MINIs A club for Northern California MINI Cooper enthusiasts. Visit our club site at www.norcalminis.com

Hats off to Mini of Concord and David Savell

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:03 PM
alamomini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hats off to Mini of Concord and David Savell

I would like to tip my hat to David and Mini of Concord for diagnosing the a/c compressor problem with my Mini and for the complimentary 05 Cvt Cooper as a loaner. David is a rare find in a service advisor. Someone who is a car enthusiast and cares about his customers. Even though he drives a wrx .
I live in Livermore which is about a 35 minute to 45 minute trek down 580/680 and into concord, ca. I could easily have gone to the local Pleasanton Mini dealership, but why go there when I can go to a mini service center where the technicians are top notch to include the service advisor. To all bay area mini owners, you should unless you are satisfied with your current service center , give David a try, and I am quite sure he will not only meet any expectations you may have, but he will surpass them with flying colors.
Once again, Thanks David. You are one in a million bro. Now I have to get you to a poker night so I can see your poker skills.

Patrick

Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Capn_Panic
2nd Gear
I'll second this! I had some stripes applied to my Mini and a small dent removed there this past weekend, and David was nothing but helpful and accomidating. It is also a 45min drive (depending on traffic) for me, coming from the western side of SF, but I think the service is worth it!

Old 08-16-2005, 12:42 PM
haulinS
3rd Gear
glad to hear of another satisfied customer at MOC, I've had nothing but good experiences there and I'm glad others have also found this to be true. David is the MAN!!

Mike

Old 08-16-2005, 01:22 PM
tahoe
2nd Gear
Why not East Bay Mini?

OK. So you've got me paranoid. I'm awaiting order (officially awaiting transport) on a MCC from EBM. Have you had a bad experience with them? Can anyone give me some insight?

Old 08-16-2005, 01:38 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tahoe
OK. So you've got me paranoid. I'm awaiting order (officially awaiting transport) on a MCC from EBM. Have you had a bad experience with them? Can anyone give me some insight?

I haven't had much done at East Bay but when I was there it was fine. I had them activate the alarm since everyone else wanted much more money (info here:https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ighlight=alarm).

Although I just had to opt to save the money given the above information I have heard many good things about Concord and will likely try them in the future.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Skiploder
Banned
Originally Posted by alamomini
I would like to tip my hat to David and Mini of Concord for diagnosing the a/c compressor problem with my Mini and for the complimentary 05 Cvt Cooper as a loaner. David is a rare find in a service advisor. Someone who is a car enthusiast and cares about his customers. Even though he drives a wrx .
I live in Livermore which is about a 35 minute to 45 minute trek down 580/680 and into concord, ca. I could easily have gone to the local Pleasanton Mini dealership, but why go there when I can go to a mini service center where the technicians are top notch to include the service advisor. To all bay area mini owners, you should unless you are satisfied with your current service center , give David a try, and I am quite sure he will not only meet any expectations you may have, but he will surpass them with flying colors.
Once again, Thanks David. You are one in a million bro. Now I have to get you to a poker night so I can see your poker skills.

Patrick
I've had BMWs serviced at several spots around the Bay Area over the last ten years. I had never been impressed by the service I had received.........even at MOC.

That was until they hired David and made him the designated Mini Rep. He is, hands down, the best service manager I have ever dealt with at any dealership. One of these days I'm gonna get off my butt and talk to his Manager in person and tell him what an asset he has on his hands.

Until then, reward MOC for hiring Mr. Savell and take your Mini for service there. Oh and by the way, their parts department is also excellent.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
neilgj
4th Gear
Hats back on - securely.

Well, I hate to say it but I had a completely awful experience with Mr. Savell. The specific situation was a difficult one, granted, and one clearly out of his skill set.

But he quickly became exasperated and in an effort to cut me off told he that he "couldn't spend all day with me" and that "he had a lot of other customers waiting" and that he was "already going to be working really late" that day. While all that may have been true and may have been what he was really thinking, it was quite beside the point. Someone more skilled at customer service would say something more constructive like, "I understand your issue, let me call you back on XXXX at X:XX and I'll have my manager with me so we can figure this out..."

Oh, and after that he also asked me for a 5 in a sort of obsequious tone he appeared to have either been taught or developed himself.

Maybe he has since taken some training courses or simply had a little more experience but I have not gone back to MINI of Concord since.

P.S. I got my issue resolved but only after calls to MINI USA, the Sales Manager and the Service Manager.