NorCal MINIs A club for Northern California MINI Cooper enthusiasts. Visit our club site at www.norcalminis.com

License Plate Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:36 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
License Plate Question...

I have not been able to get a straight answer to my question...
The DMV didnt have one and neither did one of the MAs at Niello. So... Here it is, and hopefully someone can help!

I have custom vanity plates waiting for Sam at the local DMV... I want them assigned to her when she gets here next week. DMV said that the dealer may or may not assign plates to the car when they do all her paperwork... they also said that if i catch it, they can instantly assign my custom plates in lieu of the generic... Here is my problem... If they do assign generic, I must wait for the hard plates to come in before I can go wait in line to get my vanity ones... Did anyone else do this? What did they do when you got your MINI? Anyone else order from Niello willing to share what happened with them???

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 03-30-2005, 11:46 AM
asodestrom
6th Gear
I ordered vanity plates and they didn't arrive until a few weeks after I took delivery of the car. When the vanity plates got to DMV, I just went down there and they gave them to me and assigned them to my new car.

You shouldn't have to wait for anything. If your plates are at DMV, just take your paperwork down there and get them.

What's on your plates?

Old 03-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Califzeph
5th Gear
The "stock" plates take FOREVER to arrive from DMV. If you do get them before your e-plates are ready, just take the "stock" into the DMV when you get your new ones so you can surrender them.

If you have questions about car registration, etc. at Niello, don't ask the MA, go across the way to the BMW building and talk to the nice gal in the Financial office. She knows all of the DMV stuff by heart!

Old 03-30-2005, 02:16 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Thanks for the super fast responses! Now I just need the car so that I can have somewhere to put the plates!
(I dont think I was clear on something... The custom ones are DONE, they are sitting at DMV- I saw them the other day... and they are AWESOME!)

I am planning a trip to the BMW finance center sometime soon. Thanks Rob!

wow... You ask the professionals and never get a straight answer, then you post it on NAM and a little while later, you have one! I love the MINI community!

oh and they say (heart)TFNYs (love Tiffany's - as in the jewelry store )

Old 03-30-2005, 02:23 PM
xsmini
6th Gear
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
The DMV had mine before I got my MINI, When I got the car I just went to dmv w/ my temp, and picked up my personal plates. I'm not sure if it was simpler because I bought out of state. But at least for me it was very easy.Nik