MTTS hotels

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:51 PM
SkyRideTravis
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
MTTS hotels

I know some of you are planning on going to MTTS. I know the host hotels were just announced, but I was wondering for those who are going, where are you planning on staying?
I'm currently planning on driving to St Louis on August 3rd and seeing the sights there for a day or 2. Then following to Cleveland, with a possibility of taking an extra day to go to Cedar Point on the way home. Anyways, the hotels I booked are:

Hampton Inn St Louis Downtown - I've stayed here before, its about 2 blocks from the host hotel. I got a rate of $111.20, slightly higher than the host's rates, but I stick with Hilton brands for rewards, and this hotel has an Irish pub that serves Kilkenny. I'll be here 8-2 to 8-5

Hampton Inn Chicago O'Hare - Its a trek to downtown from here. But free parking and my rate of $127.20 makes this around $100 cheaper total than staying at one of the host hotels. I'll be here 8-5 to 8-6

Doubletree by Hilton Tudor Arms - $127.20 rate here too, and its less than 1/2 mile from the host hotel. I'll be here 8-6 to 8-7.

All of these I booked through www.hiltonfamilymvp.com. You need an HHonors membership to book using the website, but its free to get.

So where are you all staying? And how much are your rooms? I haven't decided yet where I'll stay the day I go to Cedar Point if I go, but it would probably be a Hampton Inn not far off either the Ohio Turnpike or Indiana Toll Road. I can't wait for summer... This winter sucks.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Angelbethany
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you staying in Chicago I highly recommend priceline. The market is so saturated that you can usually stay in a 3-4 star hotel for $70-90.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:20 AM
NinerfanWI
2nd Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We're planning on starting in Chicago, and traveling out to Boston. Just started thinking about hotels last night. The host hotel in Boston is $250/night. We're open to any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 AM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by NinerfanWI
We're planning on starting in Chicago, and traveling out to Boston. Just started thinking about hotels last night. The host hotel in Boston is $250/night. We're open to any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring
Widen your search....
Staying in Boston propper is $$$, and then add $35+ for overnight parking.....then taxes.... taxes....adds up fast...

Remember....
New England is a compressed, and in tight area....
I live in nh...a 45 minutes drive from Boston....and about 50% of my neighbors work in Boston....
All comes down to price......drive a bit, save a lot....but further from beaing able to park your car, and use the subway.....so lots depends on if you plan on enjoying the nightlife or other events without the car....
And good luck driving in BOSTON....it is a new experance ....even a gps is pretty worthless for most with the tunnels from the big dig... So know your exit number BEFORE YOU ENTER....one in the tunnels, no gps, and limited sightlines to see exits ahead....will be ok when back on the surface...but lot of detours in the nights...construction is ongoing...
One of the 3 tunnels to the airport is closed for longterm construction.......
Enjoy...it is a fun city if you have a few $$ to spend.... Great food, nightlife, and history...