Navigation & Audio NAVTOOL unit causing High Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 09:23 AM
cash_money
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[RESOLVED] NAVTOOL unit causing High Battery Drain

I purchased a Navtool unit almost 2 months ago and I was assured it would work with my R60. When it came, not only was it a different version than I ordered on their website--which was not 100% plug'n'play as advertised and required cutting and soldering--it didn't have any programming for the 2014 R60 and DOESN'T TURN OFF when the car is off.

As a result, the car keeps telling me that there is a high battery drain on my car. It is winter here and I am worried that i will get to my car soon and it won't start. I have contacted them many times, and they keep promising an update but nothing yet.

I should have connected it to the accessory power, but i followed their instructions and connected to constant power.

1) i am posting this to let everyone know my experience and that it's ridiculous that they made me pay $325+ dollars for something they knew would not work with my R60; and

2) I was wondering if someone with an R60 could tell me if they are able to turn on their radio without the key in the car. I can, and I think it's because of the navtool box being connected to constant power?

Anyway, I am really frustrated and despite my requests for an Update or a Refund, they have provided neither to me. If i don't get one this week, I will request a chargeback from my credit card company. (they want ME to pay for shipping back to them, when THEY sent me the wrong product, and a product that doesn't even work) lol. Ignorance.

Anyway, thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Last edited by cash_money; 01-08-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:13 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by cash_money
I was wondering if someone with an R60 could tell me if they are able to turn on their radio without the key in the car. I can
That's normal for BMW and MINI vehicles, but the radio will only stay on for about 20 minutes. Sorry I can't help with your issues, but you have valid complaints.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:20 AM
cash_money
1st Gear
thanks for the reply! i was in at a dealership today and appears that the R60 always has power to the radio even when it's off, so it's normal. however, the NAVTOOL unit refuses to turn off and it's draining my battery (i don't even have a camera installed as the screen doesn't come on in reverse since the programming is wrong).

Old 12-30-2015, 12:43 PM
navtool.com
Former Vendor
hi, we are releasing update shortly engineers are off die to holidays, but should be released shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience its causing you

Old 12-30-2015, 01:54 PM
cash_money
1st Gear
Originally Posted by navtool.com
hi, we are releasing update shortly engineers are off die to holidays, but should be released shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience its causing you

I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable. I have been waiting for 2 months!! Every time I contact you I get a different excuse and you keep telling me "Next week"..."Next week"..."Next week".

I'm tired of waiting. Please refund my money within the next 24 hours.

I will await confirmation of my refund.

Thanks

Old 12-30-2015, 02:22 PM
navtool.com
Former Vendor
unfortunately the sales & refunds is not my department, you must contact sales. But i beleive you have to return product to receive refund

Old 01-05-2016, 09:00 PM
cash_money
1st Gear

Spoke to sales; they weren't very sympathetic and told me again that they have to "check with their technician". They also said they won't be issuing a refund without a product and I refuse to take apart my car in -2*C (28*F) weather to ship back a product that was not as advertised and STILL NOT WORKING AFTER 2 MONTHS!!!

Navtool's customer support and after sales support is not what I expected. I will surely be posting my story on other forums.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:25 AM
mikey_t
5th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Again, since you've posted this in two locations here on this site, not many vendors (actually none that i can think of) would refund you your money before they received their product back so i think you are asking a bit much there. And, without knowing exactly what questions you asked before you spent your $$, it makes it difficult to determine if you simply didn't do some proper research prior to buying the unit.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:09 AM
cash_money
1st Gear
It makes sense what you are saying, but I did my due diligence before buying and was given something that is not as advertised. It was pretty clear on their website what was being sold, and I even called and spoke to, not one, but two, different reps and they advised that the BMW X1 model is the same for the mini countryman. I even made a note on the order it was for the countryman, not the BMW.

Not only did they change out my unit with a different one, it didn't even have the proper programming. I was on the phone with the head tech and he confirmed it was installed correctly and they would issue an update. It's been over 2 months since and they wont give me a release date--they keep saying "Next week "

I did my research, I got something that I didn't agree to order, I decided to install it anyway as I was told it would work, it was installed correctly, it doesn't work, and now I've paid for something that's soldered in my car that does nothing. I will not take it out and incur costs of return to get a refund when they shipped me a dud to begin with.

At this point I don't have any questions for u, I'm just sharing my experience and the fact I'm out of pocket about $400 CAN and nothing to show for it.

Listen, I just want it to work, that's why I bought it. They keep jerking me around, so I want my money back.

I'm tired.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:44 AM
mikey_t
5th Gear
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Sorry, i didn't mean any ill intent with my post and I hope everything gets resolved satisfactorily.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:52 AM
cash_money
1st Gear
Apology accepted. I should update that I spoke to Navtool yesterday and they finally advised the update should be released by this evening.

I hope it actually does get released this time and all is well as it would be nice to put this annoyance to rest and not have to worry about this

Old 01-07-2016, 10:32 PM
cash_money
1st Gear
Status Update: STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!

Contacted Navtool (even though they said they would contact me--they didn't) and was advised the 2014 R60 update was "supposedly" released (the guy didn't really have any idea). Got the laptop, ran their software update, and NOTHING...Absolutely NOTHING. It didn't change a damn thing. Theres no way to confirm that they even released an update as their tool doesn't tell you the version number--its all on their backend.

Anyway, I'm done trying to get it to work. I will contact their sales one last time and if I don't get a satisfactory result, i'll just go through my credit card company and see what they have to say. I'm extremely disappointed.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:36 PM
navtool.com
Former Vendor
I'm very sorry about your experience, unfortunately with OEM form time to time one model of a car can become incompatible and requires further research on our end. If you wish please return the product for a full refund.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:49 PM
cash_money
1st Gear
As I already mentioned multiple times, it's not an easy thing to just "return". It involves hours of disassembly and reassembly, which i don't have, and if i did, it is FREEZING outside where I am, so I will not be doing it. Above all else, you sent me something I DIDN'T agree to purchase and "upgraded" me to a different model. It says on your website that it's 100% plug and play with no wire cutting, but this is COMPLETELY FALSE.

I have wasted so much time with you, and I'm not about to waste more time with you guys. I am still waiting for a response to my December 9th email that i sent to Sales and Customer Service.

If you are sorry, you will do the right thing and provide me a full refund. If and when the weather warms up, i'll have my car apart and send it back if you provide me with return postage. but i'm not going to wait 6 months while you have over $400.00 CDN of my money, and i have a useless box that does NOTHING.

Again, this just goes to show how horrible your customer service is. I will definitely be posting my experience on a plethora of other forums.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:50 PM
navtool.com
Former Vendor
unfortunately we are not able to confirm if interface is not functioning as you are describing, which could be 100% true, its hard for us to refund money and not get the product back

Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 PM
navtool.com
Former Vendor
the customer service is not an issues, we can issue a full refund but why cant we get the product back, i never heard in my life that you can keep purchased goods with a full refund.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:02 PM
navtool.com
Former Vendor
we find it stranger that a customer aka "cash_money" wants refund but doesn't want to return the product, i recently purchased iPhone 6S plus , didn't like it, it was overheating i had to return it to get my money back

Old 01-07-2016, 11:13 PM
cash_money
1st Gear
it's unbecoming to make fun of your customers after you send them faulty products. I will be

Your iPhone analogy is also faulty as you didn't have to solder it to the inside of your car after 3 hours of disassembly only to realize it never had the proper programming to begin with. I hope everyone reads these threads and they find out how bad your business is.

Furthermore, I hope everyone visits http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bus...and-ny-128020/ and sees that you have 11 other complains.

I will be taking a video of me "updating" the box with your software and show everyone that your product does not do what you advertise in my car. George from your tech department admitted that there was faulty programming. I have a transcript from your online rep saying other "canadians" have issues with their cars as well as the programming could be different. i find it offensive that you would take my money while you are well aware of this.

If it was easy to take out, I would. its not as simple as putting it in a box and shipping it.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:14 PM
blackonsilver
Neutral
Why complain and avoid returning the product to a vendor

Old 01-07-2016, 11:16 PM
navtool.com
Former Vendor
it's unbecoming to make fun of your customers after you send them faulty products. I will be

Your iPhone analogy is also faulty as you didn't have to solder it to the inside of your car after 3 hours of disassembly only to realize it never had the proper programming to begin with. I hope everyone reads these threads and they find out how bad your business is.

Furthermore, I hope everyone visits http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bus...and-ny-128020/ and sees that you have 11 other complains.

I will be taking a video of the "update process" and show everyone that your product does absolutely nothing in my car.

If it was easy to take out, I would. its not as simple as putting it in a box and shipping it.
so you want money back and keep the product?

Old 01-07-2016, 11:18 PM
blackonsilver
Neutral
Navtool forget that clown, send me my free Navtool or else

Old 01-07-2016, 11:19 PM
blackonsilver
Neutral
Cash_money wake up and smell the roses

Old 01-07-2016, 11:22 PM
cash_money
1st Gear
Originally Posted by blackonsilver
Cash_money wake up and smell the roses
you came on here to advertise Navtool and now you are defending their sharp practice.

please go away as you are clearly an employee of navtool.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:26 PM
blackonsilver
Neutral
you came on here to advertise Navtool and now you are defending their sharp practice.

please go away as you are clearly an employee of navtool.
I'm not affiliated just a customer like yourself, I just hate people like you

Old 01-07-2016, 11:28 PM
blackonsilver
Neutral
I hate freeloaders, you what your money? Give back the product

Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio NAVTOOL unit causing High Battery Drain