Navigation & Audio Definitive answer on Album Artwork please

Old 05-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitive answer on Album Artwork please

I've had my Countryman for 2 weeks now and the Y cable wasn't available at the time of delivery. Well yesterday the cable turned up and I now have video but no album artwork. I really, really want my album artwork.

I would love to know the following:

Does anyone out there have artwork without the cradle?
Can you go and buy the cradle if you didn't ask for it in the first place?
Does anyone have album artwork with the original cable?

When I ordered my car my MA showed me the artwork on a CM that didn't have a cradle. I'm trying very hard to accept this situation but part of me is sad, very, very sad. Your advice would be very much appreciated because MINI Australia have no Bl..dy idea!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:34 PM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Girl from Oz
I would love to know the following:

Does anyone out there have artwork without the cradle?
Can you go and buy the cradle if you didn't ask for it in the first place?
Does anyone have album artwork with the original cable?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Thank you for your reply. You said that I can get the cradle after delivery but my MA said that it will cost a fortune because I don't have the wiring there. Do you know if you can just buy the cradle pop it in?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
album artwork should be there via the y cable.

Mine disappeared for a while, when I was using the iCloud instead of syncing my phones playlists. Didn't look into it much further

Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Thank you for your reply. You said that I can get the cradle after delivery but my MA said that it will cost a fortune because I don't have the wiring there. Do you know if you can just buy the cradle pop it in?
if you bought Connected, you also had to buy the arm rest. The cradle does in there, so you have all the wiring. But its a $250 phone holder, that right now IIRC, doesn't let you use the Connected plugin feature.

Stick with the y cable if you can

Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 PM
youthanasia
3rd Gear
I have a 2011 MINI with Connected/Navi, no cradle/armrest. I don't have album artwork. Build date of 11/2010.

I don't even have the plugin option under connected. Dealer and MINI Canada said it didn't come with my car due to the build date.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Originally Posted by youthanasia
I have a 2011 MINI with Connected/Navi, no cradle/armrest. I don't have album artwork. Build date of 11/2010.

I don't even have the plugin option under connected. Dealer and MINI Canada said it didn't come with my car due to the build date.
When you go to the Connected tab, theres no option for plugin?

I'd ask them to update the firmware first, and if not, for a refund.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:32 AM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
old ipod without connected app shows album artwork.

Verified on iPod Nano 3g and 4g.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:20 PM
youthanasia
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Mojito
When you go to the Connected tab, theres no option for plugin?

I'd ask them to update the firmware first, and if not, for a refund.
Nope. And I tried... they played the "regional difference" fine print. I also went to MINI Canada and they can't help me. I'm basically SOL.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
I have the latest Y cable but I don't have connected, I have Visual Boost. My MA gave me a demo of the album artwork on a CM in the yard. That car had visual boost with no cradle in the armrest. Just the Y cable. I have embedded all my album artwork into my songs. I have removed everything off my iPhone 4s except the music, I have removed iCloud and I have tried an itouch and an iPod to no avail.
The Visual Boost doesn't offer a great deal but I thought I would spend the extra because I loved the idea of the album artwork. It upsets me no end that I can't have it. I wish I knew the answer. My MA said he is talking with MINI Australia but I'm waiting on a response. I will let you know if I find out anything. My baby was born in February this year.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Mojito
5th Gear
I have the latest Y cable but I don't have connected, I have Visual Boost. My MA gave me a demo of the album artwork on a CM in the yard. That car had visual boost with no cradle in the armrest. Just the Y cable. I have embedded all my album artwork into my songs. I have removed everything off my iPhone 4s except the music, I have removed iCloud and I have tried an itouch and an iPod to no avail.
The Visual Boost doesn't offer a great deal but I thought I would spend the extra because I loved the idea of the album artwork. It upsets me no end that I can't have it. I wish I knew the answer. My MA said he is talking with MINI Australia but I'm waiting on a response. I will let you know if I find out anything. My baby was born in February this year.
I'm confused, you're saying you have the LCD in the speedo, but not the Connected tab in it?

If you go to CD/multimedia, and select your iPhone or iPod, what does it show? And you are using the USB connection, not the aux in?

Can you take some pictures?

Old 05-29-2012, 10:14 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
I have the latest Y cable but I don't have connected, I have Visual Boost. My MA gave me a demo of the album artwork on a CM in the yard. That car had visual boost with no cradle in the armrest. Just the Y cable.
Was that demo done using your iPhone/iPod? I'd say that you should go back for another demo and bring your cable and iPhone. If the combination works in another car, they should be able to track down which component is the issue.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
I'm confused, you're saying you have the LCD in the speedo, but not the Connected tab in it?

If you go to CD/multimedia, and select your iPhone or iPod, what does it show? And you are using the USB connection, not the aux in?

Can you take some pictures?
Here is photo of my screen. No connected but I do get video with the Y cable when I'm in park. Just no album artwork.

Attached Thumbnails Definitive answer on Album Artwork please-img_0304.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
Was that demo done using your iPhone/iPod? I'd say that you should go back for another demo and bring your cable and iPhone. If the combination works in another car, they should be able to track down which component is the issue.
Yes, demo was done with my iPhone plugged into a car with Y cable and no armrest thingy. But that was a good 7 months ago now and that car would have been sold. It took 6 months for my car to get to Oz hence the time frame. The dealer is having trouble with a few of the new cars that have been coming in and I'm starting to wonder if the album artwork has recently been blocked in cars going to Australia. I'm still waiting on an answer from MINI Australia and I will let you know if I find out anything. Thanks for your time.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:57 PM
rewdpost
2nd Gear
Yes, demo was done with my iPhone plugged into a car with Y cable and no armrest thingy. But that was a good 7 months ago now and that car would have been sold. It took 6 months for my car to get to Oz hence the time frame. The dealer is having trouble with a few of the new cars that have been coming in and I'm starting to wonder if the album artwork has recently been blocked in cars going to Australia. I'm still waiting on an answer from MINI Australia and I will let you know if I find out anything. Thanks for your time.
One thing I did run into was that if I enabled bluetooth streaming for the phone in addition to trying to use the y-cable the album artwork would go away. Un-checking the box for bluetooth streaming (this was in connected, so maybe slightly different process) made the album artwork come back.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Here is photo of my screen. No connected but I do get video with the Y cable when I'm in park. Just no album artwork.
Well I see the Connected option in your screen. What happens when you select it?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Well I see the Connected option in your screen. What happens when you select it?
It's not connected. If you go into the "Globe icon" it just brings up the MINI roadside assistance phone number. It had been completely disabled.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Angry

Originally Posted by rewdpost
One thing I did run into was that if I enabled bluetooth streaming for the phone in addition to trying to use the y-cable the album artwork would go away. Un-checking the box for bluetooth streaming (this was in connected, so maybe slightly different process) made the album artwork come back.
Thanks for your idea but unfortunately it didn't work. Hopefully MINI Australia will get back to me soon with some news. I do fear though it's gonna be all bad.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:11 PM
memota
1st Gear
There is no Connected in Australia. Our laws don't allow it. I'm told it won't happen full stop.

Too distracting to be checking emails or whatever on the move.

Same way the TV's on BMW's only work if the car is stationary.

This doesn't mean you can't get artwork though.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Originally Posted by memota
There is no Connected in Australia. Our laws don't allow it. I'm told it won't happen full stop.

Too distracting to be checking emails or whatever on the move.

Same way the TV's on BMW's only work if the car is stationary.

This doesn't mean you can't get artwork though.
Are you located in Australia and are you getting album artwork?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
memota
1st Gear
I'm in Aus yes and have just ordered a Mini. The dealer told me this and was definitive.

As for artwork, not sure..... car hadn't arrived yet.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Girl from Oz
1st Gear
Originally Posted by memota
I'm in Aus yes and have just ordered a Mini. The dealer told me this and was definitive.

As for artwork, not sure..... car hadn't arrived yet.
Well please let me know when you get your MINI if you are lucky enough to get album artwork. My dealer said said that I would no problems so pretty gutted. Everything else though is wonderful. I had a bit of a problem with my flat load floor but otherwise just loving it. Are you getting a Countryman?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 PM
dharvey1221
2nd Gear
Try BMW video cable with iPhone 4s. I had problems with my original cable no connected or plugin. Works fine.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 PM
memota
1st Gear
Well please let me know when you get your MINI if you are lucky enough to get album artwork. My dealer said said that I would no problems so pretty gutted. Everything else though is wonderful. I had a bit of a problem with my flat load floor but otherwise just loving it. Are you getting a Countryman?
I'm getting a JCW hatch... and they have all been delayed until Nov production as there's a new JCW engine. Prob Jan delivery now! You'll have this sorted out way before that.