Navigation & Audio Bluetooth audio stream w/o Connected

Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
eggmole
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth audio stream w/o Connected

My CMS has the HK system with Bluetooth/iPod conection but i was wondering if there is anyway to stream my music via bluetooth with just the HK system.

I have read being looking and read about the ncs expert option for buletooth stream. but does this work for non connected systems or is Connected require to use that functionality.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by eggmole
My CMS has the HK system with Bluetooth/iPod conection but i was wondering if there is anyway to stream my music via bluetooth with just the HK system.

I have read being looking and read about the ncs expert option for buletooth stream. but does this work for non connected systems or is Connected require to use that functionality.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
I don't believe the Bluetooth/iPod feature supports stereo bluetooth (A2DP profile) for music streaming. I could be wrong, but I think you would need the Connected system for the A2DP profile.

So I'm picking up my All4 tomorrow. It has the HK system, but no Connected system and no Bluetooth/iPod system. My plan is to use a small bluetooth A2DP receiver plugged into the stereo AUX input. You may consider that option, it's quick and easy. This is what I use, and it has worked great in my past cars so I can stream music from my smartphone wirelessly.
http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Rem.../dp/B00170KUM0

Old 02-25-2012, 01:18 PM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have H/K w/ Bluetooth and it does not seem to be possible.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:18 PM
macboyx
2nd Gear
FWIW… I have had this problem and did alot of trial and error and tried alot of products…the one i like the best is the TuneLink from New Potato Technology (how cool a name is that for a company?).

The reason I really liked it was because it does NOT have a Microphone, it's just audio which means you can still use the built in MINI BT for your phone. Now I have an iPhone and I have the iPhone model but there is one for all other mobiles. It works perfectly and the app that goes with it can control auto connection and auto play. Now the only thing that stinks is that there is no way to control the phone's play back.

It does has a charger built in but what I did was… I plugged it in to my MCS Hatchback in the 12V socket in the trunk and ran a 12foot aux cable aroudn the back seats and up the center rail to the aux jack.

Good luck!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
tmehanna
2nd Gear
Bluetooth audio streaming only available with the phone prewiring, that is if the armrest is prepared for snap-in phone adapters. Bluetooth audio also has to be enabled from External Devices.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:26 AM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by macboyx
the one i like the best is the TuneLink from New Potato Technology
I just picked one of these up, and while it is pricey, it's perfect for my needs! Less wires to deal with = win.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 AM
betty16
Neutral
I want to make sure I understand how this potato thing works...(i have a 2011 mini cooper hardtop s)
i do not need to plug in my iphone?
i plug a 3.5mm cable from the potato thing to the 3.5mm port?
and that is it?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 AM
tatacountry
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by betty16
I want to make sure I understand how this potato thing works...(i have a 2011 mini cooper hardtop s)
i do not need to plug in my iphone?
i plug a 3.5mm cable from the potato thing to the 3.5mm port?
and that is it?
Correct. Phone communicates with Potato via bluetooth (no wires).

FYI: I stopped using it and went back to a 3.5mm cable from phone to the car port. I'm not sure if it was my phone or the potato, but it would only connect 50% of the time, and got frustrating. I even exchanged the potato for another one, and still the same. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. You may have better luck with your phone.