Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio LCI Navigation - iPhone USB Audio not working?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 09:08 AM
Fraser
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LCI Navigation - iPhone USB Audio not working?

Hi guys,

I've retrofitted a LCI navigation system with Combox to my R56 S (2011 LCI Model).

Everything is working fine apart from usb audio from my iPhone X on the latest iOS software - USB audio from a usb stick works fine.

When I plug the phone in I can search music on the phone, album art pops up, playtime bar for the selected song all works as it should, however initially the sound was playing through the phone and not the car stereo.

I then applied the latest firmware update to the combox via USB stick - all updated fine.

However now the system all works as before (can control and search the music on the phone fine) but I just get a high pitched tone/screech from the speakers when I turn it up.

Does anybody else have this issue as it seems like an issue with the iOS/mini software compatibility rather than an issue with the retrofit as regular usb stick works fine and all the info from the phone etc pops up fine it's just the actual sound.

Thanks.