Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Factory iPod connector, cable versions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 09:24 PM
magnus74
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Factory iPod connector, cable versions?

I have the factory iPod connector in my 2005 MCS which works with an old iPod touch (3 gen). I bought a lightning adapter (genuine Apple) to connect my iPhone. The phone recognizes a dock connector, and I got it to play once. No it will play for about a second and then pause, and I can keep pressing play to repeat this process a few more times before the stereo reverts to the previous mode (radio or cd). Then the stereo won't let me pick CDC even though the phone is connected.

I'm guessing this iPod connector was likely installed when the car was very close to new. It has the 8 pin to 30 pin cable, but it is the old beige not the black one that seems to be the new version. My cable doesn't charge the iPod, whereas it seems the black one does. The black cable 30 pin end seems much more robust than mine which looks like a regular Apple cable.

Do you think the cable is the source of my troubles?

Thanks in advance.