Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio iPhone 7 Plus Connectivity Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 05:40 PM
JohnPlayer
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iPhone 7 Plus Connectivity Issues

Even since "upgrading" from an iPhone 6 to a 7 Plus I haven't been able to connect the bluetooth in order to use the hands-free feature in my 2011 Cooper S with standard stereo. I've done research on the matter and it seems like everything I can find says that certain BMW models have connectivity issues but it all seems to be from last September. No official fix has been announced that I can find. I've tried all the tricks to pair the device but nothing seems to work.

Now, I need to take the car in for a CEL in the next few weeks and was going to ask the dealer if there is a software update or something. Likewise may also need to go by the Apple store.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of an official fix or knows something I don't?

Old 02-08-2017, 07:48 AM
pfarinelli
3rd Gear
Uninstall your phone from the mini Bluetooth menu uninstall mini from your Bluetooth menu on the phone hard reset your phone and start from scratch. I'm assuming you haven't done this already

Old 02-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Absolutjh22
2nd Gear
I second this thought...

Originally Posted by pfarinelli
Uninstall your phone from the mini Bluetooth menu uninstall mini from your Bluetooth menu on the phone hard reset your phone and start from scratch. I'm assuming you haven't done this already
Resetting the phone, and the car will likely do the trick. Most likely you named your new phone the same as what you had named the old phone so the car thinks that it is paired, but the SSID /IMEI will be different, thus the connectivity issue.

The other option is to disconnect your car's battery for about 15 minutes. Doing so should erase the current data from the stereo. I suggest this as I too just bought a new iPhone 7+ and when I picked up my car from having the engine rebuilt the car wanted to pair with the new phone and was easily able to do so. Having said that, I can say that I refuse to use the Bluetooth in my car as my 2009 is just too loud and no can ever seem to hear me when I attempt to use the Bluetooth. Maybe your car is quieter...