Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Satellite Module needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Cubfandanny
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Module needed

Hi everyone I just joined the Mini Cooper Club.

I just purchased a 2010 Mini Cooper Base and when I was in the process of buying it the sales guy told me that it was easy to add XM to the car and have it integrated with factory stereo.

Before I bought the car, I made calls to local Mini dealers to get the cost of adding it and they said they could not do it because the XM Module needed Mini discontinued making 5 years ago.

Long story short, I spoke with GM and he told me he was very sorry that the sales guy mislead me and he would do everything possible in order to make me happy. We worked out a deal where I would buy the module, he would have it installed and have the dealer flash the radio for it to work.

We checked on Ebay the day before I bought it and there was one on there for $200. It is now gone and I am looking for one to fit in my car.

Does anyone know where I can find satellite Module?

I looked in this thread and didn't find anything so any help would be appreciated.