Navigation & Audio upgraded speakers

Old 07-11-2016, 01:13 PM
FrozenMini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone researched or installed the MB Quart QM200.3BMW system? It has the 4", 8" and tweeter in one kit. Looks like it should work.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:48 PM
spotted
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
The standard BavSound door speakers ship Friday

Old 07-14-2016, 04:12 PM
jeffreyevens
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spotted
The standard BavSound door speakers ship Friday
Thanks, I've been waiting for weeks!!!

Old 07-15-2016, 07:06 AM
Layiyiyi
1st Gear
Me too. I received the underseat woofers and installed them. I hope they get here soon.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GregoryK
Layiyiyi. Thanks for the clarification.
I would guess that you get the Bravsound equivalent to the HK underseat subs. The problem that I have been told is that the HK amp would be tuned to play with the frequency response of the speakers the system comes with. So, without changing the amp the speaker change on the HK system is pretty pointless because even if the speakers are better the amp won't send them a "better" frequency response so they will likely sound the same.
Can't wait for you to get yours up and running!
Actually that's not exactly correct. Here's the key difference -- in each audio system type, there is a different amp, and the subs that operate on that amp are at a different impedance depending on the system (and have some significant mechanical and acoustical differences as well).

All of this is to say, we aren't putting "HK" Bavsound woofers in the car. What we send is engineered to match the factory amplifier and audio system, and deliver significant improvement in bass response without requiring a change in amplifier.

This is achieved through the following key ways in the "Base" audio cars:

1) Much more speaker surface area -- if you compare the factory underseat woofer cone area to ours, it's roughly 28 square inches of cone area, whereas ours is roughly 50 square inches, since we are replacing a 6" woofer with an 8" woofer. That's a 56% increase in cone area, resulting in significantly more air movement, and thus, more bass response.

2) Much improved low frequency response -- our woofer is a hybrid mid and sub woofer, with nearly flat frequency response (+ or - 3dB) from 38Hz to roughly 200Hz. That means the missing "low end" in Base audio cars comes to life... because it's actually THERE. I can't recall the exact numbers off the top of my head, but the factory drivers drop off pretty quickly below 100Hz.

3) Better dynamic response for more natural, accurate bass. Our motor design and suspension is light years better than the factory woofer.

4) Much lower distortion due to a variety of design elements, but especially a significantly more rigid woofer cone due to use of higher quality materials.

I can go on and on, but those are the most important differences. Of course, as with everything we sell, you don't have to take my word for it. We offer a full, unconditional guarantee that you'll love the upgrades, and if you don't, send them back, used, for a full refund.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:23 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NullUnit60
This is the last post from me about this.

The speakers arrived, no instructions included. The website, as I write this, states: I was promised instructions will be on the website for several days last week.

I have returned the speakers.
I'm so sorry you weren't happy and that you didn't have the experience we promised. This is a new product launch for us and, unfortunately, we dropped the ball. We're not perfect, but we always make it right.

If you're still interested in the product, please contact me directly at mdc@bavsound.com so I can take care of you personally with a significant discount. Please note I'm one of the owners and it may take me a bit to respond if you send an email, but I promise I WILL take care of you.

Also, I know it's probably a bit late, but here's the installation video:

Old 07-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by toyopet
The main reason I passed on the Bavsound complete upgrade including the subs was lack of install directions. I was tempted with the $100 off so I requested an install video for the F56 and Megan sent me a link. There is no video for the F56.
Video is now up -- please reach out to Megan again, reference this post, and let her know I've authorized her to give that $100 discount now.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Layiyiyi
1st Gear
All I can say is that there's an incredible improvement in the bass form the Bavsound underseat woofer.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:27 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Layiyiyi
GregoryK, I researched the FOCAL speakers. It looked awesome but the prices were much higher than what my budget would allow. By the way I listened to the underseat woofers last night and the difference in sound quality is awesome thus far. You can now feel the base. I can only imagine that with the other speakers, which should arrive next week, that it will only get better.
Let us know what you think when they arrive -- everything is in stock and ALL open orders have shipped!

Old 07-19-2016, 05:27 PM
Layiyiyi
1st Gear
You got your speakers?!!!!! I'm still waiting for mine :(((((

Old 07-19-2016, 05:29 PM
Layiyiyi
1st Gear
I installed the underseat woofers already. The install was easy and I am enjoying them. I ordered the full set up and am trying to wait patiently for the other components...

Old 07-19-2016, 07:38 PM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Bavsound
Actually that's not exactly correct. Here's the key difference -- in each audio system type, there is a different amp, and the subs that operate on that amp are at a different impedance depending on the system (and have some significant mechanical and acoustical differences as well).

All of this is to say, we aren't putting "HK" Bavsound woofers in the car. What we send is engineered to match the factory amplifier and audio system, and deliver significant improvement in bass response without requiring a change in amplifier.

This is achieved through the following key ways in the "Base" audio cars:

1) Much more speaker surface area -- if you compare the factory underseat woofer cone area to ours, it's roughly 28 square inches of cone area, whereas ours is roughly 50 square inches, since we are replacing a 6" woofer with an 8" woofer. That's a 56% increase in cone area, resulting in significantly more air movement, and thus, more bass response.

2) Much improved low frequency response -- our woofer is a hybrid mid and sub woofer, with nearly flat frequency response (+ or - 3dB) from 38Hz to roughly 200Hz. That means the missing "low end" in Base audio cars comes to life... because it's actually THERE. I can't recall the exact numbers off the top of my head, but the factory drivers drop off pretty quickly below 100Hz.

3) Better dynamic response for more natural, accurate bass. Our motor design and suspension is light years better than the factory woofer.

4) Much lower distortion due to a variety of design elements, but especially a significantly more rigid woofer cone due to use of higher quality materials.

I can go on and on, but those are the most important differences. Of course, as with everything we sell, you don't have to take my word for it. We offer a full, unconditional guarantee that you'll love the upgrades, and if you don't, send them back, used, for a full refund.
Thanks for the info but what about the HK upgrade underseats?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:29 PM
spotted
2nd Gear
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Let us know what you think when they arrive -- everything is in stock and ALL open orders have shipped!
I didn't get any email for the shipping of my order..
First I was told that they were shipping on last Friday. Then they were in a crate and where going to ship Monday.
I'll give a call tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Layiyiyi
1st Gear
I finally received the door speakers to replace my base system. A couple of weeks ago I replaced the underseat woofer. I have installed the underseat and door speakers. The install was very, very easy. I also applied the sound deadening to the doors. The sound improvement is awesome. Tomorrow I will install the back ones. So far so great!!!!

Old 07-21-2016, 04:19 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GregoryK
Thanks for the info but what about the HK upgrade underseats?
Essentially the same but without the difference in cone size. The improvement in items 2 - 4 is less pronounced because the HK woofer is higher quality (not great, but less terrible) so the difference is smaller. There's still significantly more bass, but the biggest improvement is qualitative (the quality of bass) and much better low end extension.

Again, install is 90 minutes at most, and we have a full guarantee. Try them out -- if you don't absolutely love them, we'll take 'em right back, no questions asked.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:39 AM
GregoryK
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Essentially the same but without the difference in cone size. The improvement in items 2 - 4 is less pronounced because the HK woofer is higher quality (not great, but less terrible) so the difference is smaller. There's still significantly more bass, but the biggest improvement is qualitative (the quality of bass) and much better low end extension.

Again, install is 90 minutes at most, and we have a full guarantee. Try them out -- if you don't absolutely love them, we'll take 'em right back, no questions asked.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Tikigod
3rd Gear
Received the Bavsound speakers yesterday to replace the base speakers in my car. I won't comment on sound quality yet since they've only been in for about 20 minutes.

The speakers are worlds better quality wise when compared to the stock pair. Installation took about 1 hour from start to finish (front pair only). Very straight forward - I wouldn't hesitate to suggest people try this installation themselves, just make sure you have the proper tools as mentioned in the video posted, the non marring tools are an absolute MUST, those panels are on extremely tight.

I'll report back when I've had a chance to test them out a bit more, the real test will be seeing if my wife makes any comments, as she listens much more than I do.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Layiyiyi
1st Gear
I finally installed all speakers (underseat, front and rear). As for the installation, the underseat was the easiest install. It took an hour total for both. The front install took approximately 1.5 hours with sound deadening. There weren't any problems with that install other than making sure that your windows are down to make sure you don't scratch the window tinting upon reinstallation if you so have tinting. Following the video is the best bet.

Now for the back ones... That was a bit more difficult. I followed directions for the most part by removing the seat and like the gentleman in the video I broke the plastic part. I ordered a new one for $20 with no tax and free shipping from Turnermotorsport.com (Cover For Center Bearing - 52207348021). I tried every which way to remove it without breaking it to no avail.

As in the video I removed the top panels, but I only partially removed the side panels. Doing so allowed me to still be able to install the sound deadening. Maybe because i am petite and have little hands is the reason I was able to work comfortably in the back area. I imagined if I had "allowed" my husband to install it that he would not have fit back there comfortably. He would have definitely have to remove as in the video. Also making sure not to twist when removing the back seat is very important. I found that the hole where the seat connects will give and become deformed if not careful.

My box did not have the foam. I emailed and was told that it was under the speakers. Both boxes did not have the foam. So I went to home depot and bought window foam insulation strips. It was a perfect substitute.

The back speaker installation took about 2.5 hours. Ok, maybe 3.

Last edited by Layiyiyi; 07-22-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:57 AM
Tikigod
3rd Gear
Spent more time in the car this weekend since installing the new speakers, wife noticed the same stuff I did. The sound is definitely better, the bass is more pronounced and defined, same with the highs. All around it sounds much better than the standard stock system ever did. Has me really tempted to purchase the rest of the upgrades now.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:02 AM
NullUnit60
1st Gear
I'm so sorry you weren't happy and that you didn't have the experience we promised. This is a new product launch for us and, unfortunately, we dropped the ball. We're not perfect, but we always make it right.

If you're still interested in the product, please contact me directly at mdc@bavsound.com so I can take care of you personally with a significant discount. Please note I'm one of the owners and it may take me a bit to respond if you send an email, but I promise I WILL take care of you.

Also, I know it's probably a bit late, but here's the installation video:

Bavsound Mini Stage 1 Audio Upgrade Installation - YouTube
Okay, this will definitely be the last post about this:

No.

When I had to nag just to get a refund...

Old 07-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by NullUnit60
Okay, this will definitely be the last post about this:

No.

When I had to nag just to get a refund...
Again, very atypical experience. Would love to know more about what happened, but it sounds like you're done, which is a real bummer. We're a small, growing company, which means we're not always perfect, but we're a stand up group and we'll always make it right.

Again, really sorry you didn't have a stellar experience.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Tikigod
Spent more time in the car this weekend since installing the new speakers, wife noticed the same stuff I did. The sound is definitely better, the bass is more pronounced and defined, same with the highs. All around it sounds much better than the standard stock system ever did. Has me really tempted to purchase the rest of the upgrades now.
Do it! Do it! Do it!

Old 07-30-2016, 03:41 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by Tikigod
I have to stop reading this thread every time NAM notifies me of the updates. I really want to upgrade my HK system, and it's really not in the budget!

Old 07-30-2016, 07:03 PM
Bavsound
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bratling
I have to stop reading this thread every time NAM notifies me of the updates. I really want to upgrade my HK system, and it's really not in the budget!
We do offer 0%, up to 12 month financing through Affirm. Not everyone qualifies, but if you have decent credit chances are good that you will.

Just saying...

Old 07-30-2016, 07:10 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 217 Likes on 151 Posts
We do offer 0%, up to 12 month financing through Affirm. Not everyone qualifies, but if you have decent credit chances are good that you will.

Just saying...
Hah! I'm afraid it's more the SAF ... Spousal Approval Factor.

I just recommended a guy on Reddit check out your stuff. He's really not happy with the lack of bass in his new F56.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation & Audio upgraded speakers