Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Front Speaker Mounting Depth to End All Searches!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
VtwinPower
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Speaker Mounting Depth to End All Searches!

I have scoured these forums as well as Mini2 and all the sister forums just to find an exact measurement of the front 5.25(6.5) speaker mounting depth and can't find anything that gives me an exact answer.

I emailed Mikey over at NEWMINISTUFF.com and he didn't clarify if I would need his adapters for a 70mm or less mounting depth install on the fronts? Anyways can someone please clarify this. I'm on a deployment right now so my r53 is 5500 miles away in a garage so I can't take measurements. Throw me a bone here.

I know the rears have at least 84.567 meters worth of mounting depth so I could fit small midgets back there if I really wanted to. My only concern is the front mounting depth.

I also have one more question, I have a JVC HU so that does infact mean I can use a pac swi steering wheel harness? Any certain PAC's you guys recommend?

Any 6x9's you guys recommend? I was looking at the cdt 69 coaxials or possibly a 3 way project to make up for the midbass problem.

Anyone installed a 4 in, tweeter and some 6x9 mid woofer's in the rear? Can't be too difficult with a handy hole saw.

I currently am running Infinity Kappas front and rear that I installed two years ago. They are all running 60rms from a Kenwood 4 chan. I have a crap JL 10in powered by a two chan bridged in the boot, the sub is atop my false bottom piece of carpeted mdf to cover my two amps.

Also any ideas on what to do with one of my amps? I'm going to have a 10 in enclosure built to hold one of my amps as well as the 10in. Just imagine the integral audio box but not as nice I'll just have an extra amp somewhere in my car. Not exactly sure where to put it. Both of my amps are the same size. I have a rear seat delete but would rather still have my two bucket seat shaped storage compartments to use instead of throwing one of my amps there. ANY IDEAS?

I was quoted 150 bucks for the sub enclosure build with carpet . Sound decent? I would rather not even mess with the forbidden HU again so I'm going to throw them 40 bucks to install my steering wheel interface.

Prospective Speakers: COMPATIBLE MOUNTING DEPTH FOR FRONTS?

Front: Focal Access 165 a1's, Image Dynamic's CTX65CS or the CDT CL61a's.

Rear: CDT CL69x, Image Dynamic's CTX69 or the Hertz ECX690.3

My objective is not have to purchase a different 4 channel that has a higher output. I want to keep the front and rear budget under 350-370. My 4 channel only pumps out 60 rms so I have to work around that as well. The sub I'm leaving alone since it's powered perfectly running 250rms.

Also I'd rather not go to a local base to use their auto hobby shop..I haven't taken leave for over a year. I don't want to see a uniform for a bit otherwise I would just build this damn box and install the PAC interface myself.

On another note, I'm laying some FatMat down under the panels front and rear as well as the hatch to get the most out of my money.

Thanks

Christopher

Old 01-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Mootsdog
3rd Gear
Scosche and Metraonline both have speaker sizes and depths listed on their website. Just input car info.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
VtwinPower
3rd Gear
^ Appreciate that!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
JKo
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Metraonline claims 3.5" mounting depth front and back (couldn't find depths from Scosche). Is there really that much room in the front? Can someone confirm this?