Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Pics of iPod mounting locations

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Jayar
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading up on the ICE>Link, MINI Aux input, etc. Still trying to decide what route to take w/my new iPod. Leaning towards ICE. Not crazy about having the iPod mounted to the downtubes or otherwise sticking out from the stereo area. I'm designing a bracket that uses the existing holes that secure the tach (on models with tach only). The metal bracket extends out to the right, positioning my iPod right next to the tach. Seems like it would be safer, because you wouldn't be looking down to the center console trying to read small type.

Anyway, I'm open to other suggestions before I get somebody to weld me a custom bracket. Does anybody have pics of of iPods mounted in alternate locations? Thanks. JR

Old 01-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Casey
5th Gear
check out bridger's site - he has some photos of iPods mounted in different spots - one was a mount that made use of one of the small front cupholders in front of the shifter...looked like a pretty nice install....besides that i think the little metal brackets to the side of the stereo look best...i would think that behind the steering wheel it would be hard to read depending on your seating position...i'd watch that area while driving and see how your visibility is to that area, but i think it would be partially blocked by the steering wheel.

Old 01-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
Here is where mine is.

I did have to turn the contrast all the way up for the angle.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:41 AM
TSizemore3
1st Gear
I have the MINIfini Cup-link installed on the passenger side down tube. Makes a handy spot for my iPod when I don't have a beverage. Just watch where it's positioned or shifts into 5th gear can be painful.