Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio My navigation voices have just disappeared. No more Turn-By-Turn!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:35 PM
erishun
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My navigation voices have just disappeared. No more Turn-By-Turn!

Hey everyone, I have an 05 Mini Cooper S (R53, obviously) with official iPod integration and official navigation system.

Last week, my iPod integration kit simply dropped dead. Brought it in to Prestige MINI in Mahwah, NJ. They said it was shot. It cost $129 (a full hour) for them to diagnose that "YEAH, IT SURE IS BROKE!". They wanted $400 more to replace it. The iPod integration sucks anyway, so I said "nope" and left. I bought a MINI AUX cable instead (~$40).

Yesterday, I went behind the radio, pulled out the iPod cable and plugged in the AUX. Works like a charm! Great! Only problem I just noticed is... MY MINI NAV NO LONGER HAS A VOICE.

Whenever the car says something adorable and british like "At the next junction, turn right to join the motorway!"... nothing. The audio (both stereo and AUX) lower in volume to allow me to hear the voice, but there's just no voice there. I cranked the Nav Volume too. Could the old iPod integration kit have something to do with Navigation voice??

I checked my nav SW and it was at (SW 4-1/70) [it's MKIV obviously, DVD powered 05]. So, I hoped that a software update would help. Updated to v31 (SW 4-1/00) just now with a BMW DVD. Nope! Still no voices.

Anyone else have ANY ideas on this? I'm flat stumped. Next step is to remove AUX and replug in iPod to see if it comes back, I guess!

Old 07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
Did you transfer the Nav pins to the aux connector? Described here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...lled-pics.html