Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Factory bluetooth microphone with Parrot setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 PM
grueinthebox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Factory bluetooth microphone with Parrot setup?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I tried a number of searches and didn't turn it up...

I just received my Parrot Evo-based bluetooth system from newministuff and am planning to install this weekend. I plan to try to get the microphone mounted in the factory location up by the switches, but am wondering if it's possible to just use the factory microphone to save the hassle of running the wire up there for the Parrot mic... Has anyone attempted or done this? Where is a good place to hook up to the factory mic wires?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:55 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by grueinthebox
Sorry if this has been covered, but I tried a number of searches and didn't turn it up...

I just received my Parrot Evo-based bluetooth system from newministuff and am planning to install this weekend. I plan to try to get the microphone mounted in the factory location up by the switches, but am wondering if it's possible to just use the factory microphone to save the hassle of running the wire up there for the Parrot mic... Has anyone attempted or done this? Where is a good place to hook up to the factory mic wires?
Unfortunately the microphone in the MINI is not compatible with the Parrot system. I tried this on friends car and there was a lot of static as the microphones have different electrical properties.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:28 PM
grueinthebox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by schatzy62
Unfortunately the microphone in the MINI is not compatible with the Parrot system. I tried this on friends car and there was a lot of static as the microphones have different electrical properties.
That's unfortunate, but thanks for saving me the trouble of trying! Running wire it is...

Old 08-30-2010, 08:53 PM
roadsterdoc
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Grue, how did it work out???