Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio 12-volt Accessorize...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:38 PM
ppro
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12-volt Accessorize...

We just added a MINI Cooper to the stable. In order to bring it up to the level of the other vehicles, I ordered up a few items to install, and raided the garage for some left-overs... I built the install around an auxiliary fuse panel (switched and unswitched) set, and the factory Auxiliary Audio Input.

Since this is a scooter for us we skipped the stereo upgrade and concentrated on getting features that would run through the factory stereo and leveraged a GPS we already had on hand. Here's the big picture.

The whole thing involves running two 12v leads through the firewall - one from F7 (or similar) to trigger the key-switch-activated fuses, and one lead coming directly from the battery for the "always on" fuses. Naturally I put a circuit breaker between the battery and the firewall to guard against unfused shorts.

To ease assembly of the hidden items, I removed the dash top, panel under the steering wheel, and that's pretty much it!

Hands-Free Phone, XM Radio, iPod, and GPS

More...

Last edited by ppro; 09-17-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: add link
Old 09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
ppro
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All in a day...

Here's the end-product