Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio IPHONE INTERGRATION

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
vcyclist
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPHONE INTERGRATION

I had a Iphone 2g I was albe to use the car radio and select "Last Called" and it listed all the numbers that were last called and I could select and call that number.

I bought a Iphone 3gS, I have it paired but that option "Last Calles" does not work now. I have paired and repaired and it still does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Also I am looking at the Snap In Smart Phone Kit from Mini. I have a 08 Cooper with Bluetooth comfort kit and the convenience kit with USB and Aux cable port. Will this make my phone work with the car properly? Help, this is my first post. Thanks V

Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Some phones don't make call history info available (via Bluetooth) until there's been some call history- try pairing the phone and making a call and receiving a call while you're in the car.

Also, for future reference, you car would be a 2nd gen so you're going to want to post in the 2nd gen forums in the future, you might get an answer that doesn't apply to you otherwise

Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 PM
nicknbecka
6th Gear
Also- the last called info is in reference to calls made while connected to the car, just in case you weren't expecting it to work that way.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Little Bean
3rd Gear
Iphone 3GS

Couple more things that may help. I have a 1st gen Clubman with the bluetooth and usb/audio jack. I had a first gen. Iphone and all was good. Many of us are finding out that the Iphone 3GS will work in the car. Bluetooth works once paired and lasat 8 calls, etc, call lists, etc all work. When phone is connected to audio jack the music and playlists will work. What you will find is that the phone will not charge at all!!! Through the usb hub built into the car. I have read hundreds of posts. The only way, I think, so far, is to get a cig plug adapter with a usb hole to charge your phone. Someone did post an item from Amazon that you would connect the phone to the "Y" cable that came with the car, then the USB end to the cable from Amazon which has two USB ends. One goes to the cig plug adapter and the other to the USB built into the car. Not sure why, since my belief is that the USB in the car is more of a power source and thus is not powerful enough to charge, hence why you would connect to the cig plug.