Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio MINI iPOD/iPhone 3G OEM radio with H/K adaptor suggestions for 2004 MINI Cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 AM
jrla
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI iPOD/iPhone 3G OEM radio with H/K adaptor suggestions for 2004 MINI Cooper S

Hello,

I am fairly new to the MINI world. I recently bought a 2004 MCS with H/K sound and I want to set up an iPod/iPhone adaptor. I've been doing research but before I make a decision I am hoping I can get some advice or learn from your experiences. It seems as if I won't be able to have text display regardless of what device I choose, has anyone found this to be the case. I have a 2004 but I think the birthdate is late 2003
Here is what I have seen:
DICE kit: seems to do mostly everything I need barring the text display on the older head units.
NEO Pro: this was the suggested unit by an auto audio installer (although I plan on doing the work myself i found it interesting that he selected this one.) Does anyone have any experience with this?
USA Spec: Seems to be the best price and the additional aux plug is already integrated. I think I may go with this one. There is a difference bet. radios with a DSP button and those without. I am not even sure I have a DSP button but I will check later today.

I have located the cd changer connector in the trunk area next to the amp for the H/K system so I just need the unit, plug it in and if all is well, I will run the cable into the glove box most likely.

I appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Thanks

J.R.