Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Does anyone have the NAV manual yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 03:16 PM
rrypma
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking for an electronic file to read before my MINI is delivered. Any hot leads to speak of?

Old 09-04-2003, 03:23 PM
jkd
1st Gear
I am in your shoes...would love to read and learn how to use the NAV during these long days of waiting for my mcs! Thanks for posting! :smile:

Old 09-04-2003, 05:53 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Don't get too excited over that manual. It's about a 10 minute read and doesn't tell you anything you can't figure out in about 10 minutes.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:20 PM
rrypma
4th Gear
There was a post a while back about how the manual is actually on a CD that is shipped after you take delivery. If that's so, maybe someone could post it for us?

Old 09-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Jim-MINI_S
Neutral
Yeah, that would be great. I've got one on order too and would be interested in reading anything about it.

Old 09-05-2003, 04:40 AM
KevM
4th Gear
>>There was a post a while back about how the manual is actually on a CD that is shipped after you take delivery. If that's so, maybe someone could post it for us?

Actually, we received a CD with the car itself and it included about 10 minutes on the Nav system. The CD is not really postable (at least by a computer incompetent individual like myself), as it is a cute little interactive set of mpegs that contain tips on how to operate every (or nearly every) accessory in the car.

Honestly, by the time I got around to checking it out I'd figured everything out except a couple of additional tips. And, of course, the frequency of changes that Mini has made to programmable accessories made parts of the CD obsolete (including some of those tips), so it more confused me than anything else.

Like mbabischkin implied, the Nav system is pretty easy to use. The hardest part for me was just getting used to the one button, one **** control (I kept hitting the opposite button... go figure only 2 buttons and I kept using the wrong one ).

Too bad they didn't use a touch screen like the Honda/Acura systems I've used before, now THAT was intuitive.

Our Baby? - she's an 03 Elect Blue (white roof/wheels) MCS, w/ all the toys (premium, cold, h/k, Nav, xenon, fogs etc) !