Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio SIRIUS Audiovox Shuttle Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 06:52 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIRIUS Audiovox Shuttle Installed

Just bought the new Audiovox Shuttle Sirius radio from Circuit City and installed it.

Took me about 30 minutes total, might have taken me less if I had bothered to look at the instructions earlier in the process!

The whole system, radio and car kit was $200 total. The car kit base includes an FM modulator however I have it connected to the Aux Jack instead. The included antenna is smaller than the earlier antennas and I have placed it on the dashboard, with the radio straddling the cupholders.

If you haven't seen it the Shuttle looks a lot like Delphi's Ski-Fi for XM although it's larger than the Delphi unit.

I had been intent on getting XM from the start, then I looked at the programming that Sirius offered, Sirius had more that I was interested in than XM did.

As for sound quality, I've only used it a little bit so far, however through the Aux Jack the music channels sound great, the talk stations aren't as good. There is a little bit of static when the speaker pronounces an "s" on the talk stations, but its not there on the music stations. I haven't tried it with the FM modulator yet.

Pics to follow soon....

Old 09-01-2003, 07:46 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed with the lights off

Lights on

And a cruddy shot of the antenna