Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio JL Stealthbox

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 08:20 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts
>>Awesome system! I got a question, how did they put the amp on the back of the seat like that? Drilled it on? Is it pretty strudy on there? Space is limited in the minis boot and I think I'll put my amp in the same location. Thanks guys.

The Xtant amp has a silver cover. Remove that cover and it reveals the amp which has four deep mounting screws that attach directly onto the back of the rear right seat. Give the cables enough slack so that the seat can be up or down and everything still works. After all the screws are secure then put the silver cover back on. This means the amp is out of the way and the vertical position doesn't affect it. I can still store things in the boot but I do pad the amp if I have anything hard back there that might scratch it. There are also controls for fine tuning the amp on it's side that are easy to access if needed. There are no heat problems and the stuff in the boot cannot be seen from the outside.

And yes I have an aftermarket alarm system (clifford 7000) which has dual starter kill and ignition immobilizer enabled. http://www.adelcom.net/CLIFFORD-G4_c...chart-Page.htm
So far no trouble from badguys.

Old 08-28-2003, 12:24 AM
pooky13
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>scooterboy...that is definitely cool and a good idea. i fully believe in a stealth setup to prevent potential thieves from even thinking there's a killer system in there to steal. that's how i got away with my $5000 setup in my surf p/u. still, i got starlocks and an alarm just in case they do try anyways to see what's inside.
>>
>>pooky13...that is now definitely a killer system. you've pretty much done all the upgrades. i too plan on doing a similar audio overhaul on my incoming mcs, once i've got the $$$$ saved up. and that's pretty much my price range right now, up to $4k. but i think this may be partway into '04, since i've got some other mods in mind first. hopefully, you've got an alarm already in or soon to come - a definite must. i've heard stories of how guys get their stereo first, then intend on getting the alarm the next day, only to have their brand new equipment ripped off that night. OUCH! I fully believe no matter how stealth your setup is, you gotta get an alarm, preferably before the stereo.

kbesto,

I got the alarm installed by the dealership before Junior was delivered to me just for the reasons you've stated. I can't take chances with idiots out there that have nothing to do but steal, etc.

I'm contemplating doing the same "facelift" mod that Scooter did to avoid theft if I don't sell the HK head unit. I'm gonna put the "Protected By Auto Mate Vehicle Security System" stickers on Juniors side door windows this week.

The HK speakers, head unit and amp are still up for sale by the way on the Marketplace thread.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:46 PM
kungpow
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scooterboy,

NICE mods page... really informative. Have any trouble with the SWI-X installor was it pretty straight forward?

Thanks,
kp