Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Under the passenger seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Fenrir
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under the passenger seat?

Ok, I want to improve the sound on my MCS, and was wondering if this would fit under the passener (or driver) seat.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3KSCSW1&tp=114

I dont want to lose any of the available space, so I figured this might be a good option. I do like to turn the stereo up, but I think Im past the point of setting off car alarms. Basically Im looking for 2 things with this post

1) will it fit, and if so how difficult is the install going to be?
2) is this going to put out good enough sound for every day+ radio use?

Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
lacning74
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fenrir
Ok, I want to improve the sound on my MCS, and was wondering if this would fit under the passener (or driver) seat.
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3KSCSW1&tp=114

I dont want to lose any of the available space, so I figured this might be a good option. I do like to turn the stereo up, but I think Im past the point of setting off car alarms. Basically Im looking for 2 things with this post

1) will it fit, and if so how difficult is the install going to be?
2) is this going to put out good enough sound for every day+ radio use?
Have you upgraded your existing speakers already? I changed my fronts to JL TR-CXi 6.5" and 3.5" (4" would have been a better fit) and got significant improvement in clarity and mid-range bass. Might be better quality than that Kenwood enclosed 6.5" subwoofer. There's plenty of info here on how to DIY as well as speaker recommendations. Somehow I managed despite having no experience whatsoever.

Before amps, changing your fronts should be the first step IMHO. Changing the rears is controversial.