Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio cooling options for my amps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 AM
pimpedout97x
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cooling options for my amps?

ok this is my plan...

im going to have 4 amps. they will all be in the boot, behind the wall, so no air circulation will be getting back there. my amps on the bottom have 2 vents that push hot air out of the amps, and there's a vent on the top of the amp that brings cool air in. im going to put 2 fans under the amp where the hot air pulls out, with the fans sucking air out, and run a pvc pipe somewhere where the hot air will blow.

problem is, i can put fans to suck cool air in, but from where? bring air in from outside? should i mount 2 big fans somewhere up front sucking air from the front cabin, going through 2 pipes on the sides of my wall, and the pipes blow the cool air into the boot area?

i would route a/c vents back there, but when the system is on, i cant use the a/c becuase it kills my voltage too much.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:38 PM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
ok this is my plan...

im going to have 4 amps. they will all be in the boot, behind the wall, so no air circulation will be getting back there. my amps on the bottom have 2 vents that push hot air out of the amps, and there's a vent on the top of the amp that brings cool air in. im going to put 2 fans under the amp where the hot air pulls out, with the fans sucking air out, and run a pvc pipe somewhere where the hot air will blow.

problem is, i can put fans to suck cool air in, but from where? bring air in from outside? should i mount 2 big fans somewhere up front sucking air from the front cabin, going through 2 pipes on the sides of my wall, and the pipes blow the cool air into the boot area?

i would route a/c vents back there, but when the system is on, i cant use the a/c becuase it kills my voltage too much.
Kill's your voltage? I hope you made room for a second deep cycle battery since the upgraded alternator may not be available.

On to the air, I would put a couple small vents from the front of the box to the rear and fan then to pull the air. Even if it's 95 up front, it's still cooler then the rear will be and you need air movement.

Michael

Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 PM
puckschmuck95
1st Gear
Originally Posted by pimpedout97x
ok this is my plan...
I've been following this thread off and on for a while.

Dude you are seriously whacked! I mean that in a more or less good way. You're like Noah building the ark.

Good luck.

As for the cooling:

Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What about a liquid cooling system for a computer?