Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Traffic Info Reception in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
dewayneg
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traffic Info Reception in Portland, OR

Hi forum members,

For a couple of weeks now I have been receiving the message "Currently, no reception" when trying to access the traffic information. I asked my MA about it and he seems to think it is a service issue, but I don't want to take the car in before I verify that other people in Portland are still receiving traffic information reception. So if you live here and your traffic info is currently working (or not), please let me know.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dewayneg
For a couple of weeks now I have been receiving the message "Currently, no reception" when trying to access the traffic information.
Did you have reception previously, or did you just pick up your car recently? It was about a month ago the last time I was in Portland and reception that weekend was fine.

I was in Salem two weeks ago, and reception there was fine that day.

With the nav system, it shows "TI," for Traffic Info, at the bottom the navigation screen.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:13 PM
dewayneg
1st Gear
I did previously have receptions. A couple of weeks ago there was a backup on I-84 and when I tried to view the traffic information, I received the no reception error. When I asked my MA about it, he said to bring it in, which I don't want to do unless it really is my car's system. Everything else is working well, FM, HD Radio, Satellite Navigation.

Originally Posted by Sowellman
Did you have reception previously, or did you just pick up your car recently? It was about a month ago the last time I was in Portland and reception that weekend was fine.

I was in Salem two weeks ago, and reception there was fine that day.

With the nav system, it shows "TI," for Traffic Info, at the bottom the navigation screen.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Sowellman
6th Gear
Since you haven't received any other response, I might suggest going to the PDX Mini area and having you repost your question there. A few more people from Portland might see it there and give you an answer. Good luck.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...splay.php?f=60